What's your new role about?
HERE’S SOME INFORMATION FOR YOU?
Would you love to go to work and oversee compelling content that awakens the passion and emotion of every sports fan? Does working for the largest global sports streaming platform and growing the programming output sound like an exciting opportunity made for you?
We have a vacancy for a talented, creative and fresh-thinking Head of Programming to lead the programming and content output for the Japanese market.
Reporting to the SVP Programming this role requires a strong communicator (with Japanese and English language skills) and excellent people leader who understands how to create passionate, emotional and engaging sports content to manage the production and post production of live sports events such as J League, NPB, EPL, La Liga, Serie A, UCL, UEL, to name a few, as well as oversee highlight packages, features, interviews and original programming. An understanding and ability to utilize data for proper planning of production levels.
Working with the SVP Programming Japan and their leadership team, and with guidance and support from central departments, you will play a critical role in managing the programming strategy and creating an engaging and satisfying content experience for our sports fans.
Your ability to establish and maintain relationships across a spectrum of collaborators, from rights partners to suppliers to internal stakeholders, is of key importance. If you are a creative content creator, and consider your communication skills as one of your most valuable assets, we want to hear from you!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Responsible for the overall management and performance of programming for DAZN Japan, you will enable the output and editorial leads to produce great content that engages the audience
- Establish and uphold high quality production values across all DAZN programming content
- Work closely with heads of creative, publishing and marketing to deliver assets from productions that fit their needs
- Have a commitment to, and proven experience in, training and coaching your team
- Work closely with the Global Content functions to oversee the development of live event production, including smart utilization of global resources and identification of potential synergies across the wider business
- Responsibility for large strategic initiatives with an understanding of how to set up, organize and run complex projects and report on/present the results
- Ability to understand data and react to analytics
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- 5+ years of programming experience in the sport and/or entertainment industry
- First rate knowledge of sport, entertainment and culture in the Japanese market
- Experience in a live production environment
- Proven ability to work effectively with production teams and key stakeholders
- A good understanding of the technical processes involved in Live Sports broadcasting and program production (short and long form)
- Demonstrable experience programming sport or other content to maximize audience metrics
- A clear understanding and passion for the changing media landscape and the opportunities that brings to sports broadcasting
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Knowledge of the sports media and new media industries
- Additional language skills
- Experience overseas or for international companies
- Passion for sports
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- Work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.