What's your new role about?
An Incident Support engineer has three key areas of responsibility: manage continual flow of service issues and requests, maintain system availability, and manage the swift return to service of any incident affecting product availability. Sports broadcasting is a rapidly growing requirement and need for clients across the world in many fields and thus an interest in sport and an analytical mind is needed to handle a fast paced and exciting product.
The team must work together, completing tasks independently, but ensuring that product delivery of the business can continue. The role of incident support engineer is critical to keeping all the systems up to date and running to support the products of the business. A career as an incident support engineer requires dedication to continuing education, as technology is constantly changing, and it is necessary to invest time and effort to stay current. .
As our new Incident Support engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work in a first line support team who act as the SPOC (single point of contact) for internal/external stakeholders who report incidents and requests related to our systems and services
- Incident support engineer’s primary objective is to ensure that in the event of an incident, service is returned as quickly as possible by taking appropriate steps following established or available processes.
- The key activities being to detect and identify incident, matching incident to known problems, quick resolution of incident, prioritizing incidents in terms of impact and urgency and correctly escalating incidents to ensure that timely resolution. Monitor systems service health and follow procedure
- As the single point of contact (SPOC), the team owns all incidents from initial detection, logging, escalation, to closure.
- Procedures when issues arise and providing excellent communications by way of notifications and updates, both written and oral to the business and external parties.
- Provide stats for the daily Service Desk report on call trends.
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required.
- Answer support queries from clients, account management and remote offices in accordance with company policies and procedures.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- A university or college qualification in computer services, information technology systems, or computer programming.
- Incident Management experience - Managing incidents including business expectations and communication.
- Sporting Knowledge.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills and telephone manner.
- Previous IT Service Desk experience around Windows, Mac, Linux, PowerShell, Azure, Skim provisioning, SSO, Active Directory, Office exchange is preferable.
- Administration experience around corporate systems such as Jira, Confluence, GitHub, O365 is preferable.
- Must be able to work in shifts which will include weekends, public holidays, and overnights.
- Good fiber broadband connectivity (minimum 10MBPS speed) to enable working from home effectively. Usage of dongle or mobile hotspot not allowed.
Even better if you have:
- Sports media and customer service background
- If you enjoy working with technology, focused on details, and can work as a team member.
- An ITIL qualification is preferable but not essential.
- Experience of a fast-moving support environment would be an advantage, ideally having developed a strong Broadcast/IT aptitude.
- Job Title: Incident Support Engineer – Service Desk
- Reports To (title): Incident Support Team Lead – Service Desk
- Career Level: Player
- Country and Location: India - Mangalore
- Hours of Work: 9 Hours / 24*7 (Flexible to work in shifts & Weekends)
- Line Management Responsibility: No
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.