What's your new role about?
As the Head of Product, Retention you will lead the definition, delivery and optimisation of DAZN’s retention, account management and customer support product strategy across all devices, working closely with Customer Services, CRM, Partnerships, Design and Product Managers to ensure DAZN maximises customer retention through churn management, winback and customer experience improvements throughout the DAZN customer lifecycle.
You will have the opportunity to define, design and lead the delivery and optimisation of a number of hugely critical retention initiatives at DAZN, and help shape DAZN’s long-term retention product strategy.
Your mission will be to support DAZNs goals of maximising customer satisfaction subscriber numbers, and you will achieve this through minimising churn, maximising winback, improving NPS and reducing contacts to our customer service centre through frictionless product journeys and intuitive self-help.
As a product leader, you’ll act as both a player and a coach. As a player you will define and deliver amazing customer experiences, solutions and experiments; a combination of strategically critical projects and optimisation of the existing product, working alongside product and marketing colleagues. As a coach you will lead and mentor your direct reports to ‘raise the bar’ and deliver outstanding results.
Your experience as a retention product leader for a leading digital business, ideally in subscriptions, combined with an obsession for data, an experimentation mindset and strong stakeholder management make you the ideal choice to take a leading role as DAZN breaks new ground in OTT Streaming - changing the way the world sees Sport.
You have a proven track record in designing, implementing and optimising frictionless solutions and customer experiences that prevent churn and deliver the best possible customer experience. A/B and Multi-variate testing are a second language to you, and you revert to data to make smart decisions. You welcome new ideas and embrace thinking differently to create new standards in customer experience and retention. You have a ‘customer first’ mindset.
You push boundaries and aspire to create the standard for retention that other B2C digital platforms will follow. You inspire success, and work effortlessly with talented colleagues in other departments to achieve great results.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'll DO
- Own Retention Product strategy and delivery. You will know on a deep level what keeps our customers coming back, increases frequency of visits, prevents churn and wins back customers that leave. You will define a retention strategy that your team use to create customer experiences that impact retention metrics that you define.
- Own Product strategy and delivery for Customer Services. Build a best in-class self-help solution and a Product and toolkit that help our CS department deliver the best possible service to our subscribers.
- Collaborate. Work closely with Customer Services, Marketing, Data Insights, Design, Tech and other Product Managers to design, build and optimise retention journeys that deliver frictionless and, where appropriate, memorable customer experiences. In particular, you will have to work closely with Customer Services and work with machine learning teams to determine personalised ‘next best actions’ we should take with each customer.
- Optimise. Foster a culture of failing fast by driving a lean approach (hypothesis, experiment, analysis) to improve our retention experience across all devices and hit our numbers
- Prioritise. Work with Finance, Strategy, Marketing and Product leadership to ensure retention and Customer Service initiatives are prioritised correctly; based on data and DAZNs prioritisation criteria
- Lead. Inspire, mentor and develop a team of talented Product Managers and Business Analysts to deliver a set of retention journeys that become the industry template.
- Communicate. Ensure your product roadmap is clear and always visible, communicate your vision and direction clearly to your teams and stakeholders.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 5+ years experience in product management for a leading e-commerce or digital B2C subscription service
- Experience delivering and optimising product solutions related to churn reduction, account management and customer service
- A proven track record of designing and delivering customer journeys that have measurable improvement on subscriber engagement and reduction in churn KPIs
- Leadership experience with a passion for developing people
- Working knowledge of different customer testing methodologies and approaches (e.g. MVT)
- Top notch stakeholder management and communication skills; written and verbal
- Obsessed by data, you enjoy analysing data and know what to look for
- Solution-based & an active mindset; strategic thinker with a strong bias for action
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Proven hands-on experience working with development teams; can write user stories and work closely with dev teams, or coach Product Managers on best practice
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledgeable evangelist for Agile development culture and Business Driven Development
- We welcome applications from graduates (Bachelor or Master) of a STEM subject, or an equivalent background
- A strong interest in Sports, both as a fan and as an industry
Here's a little more about us…
HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT US
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are the biggest sports streaming site in the world (by minutes viewed)!
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in Germany, Switzerland and Austria, Italy, Spain, US, Canada and Japan on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.