What's your new role about?
As a Scrum Master at DAZN you will be responsible for supporting our software development Scrum teams to deliver their sprint commitments, removing blockers and coaching them to self-organize.
DAZN are going to change the way people watch sports forever, by putting the consumer first, providing more sport, no ads, no long contract and a single low monthly fee. As part of the DAZN tech team, you will play a lead role in this by designing and building world leading streaming services across web, mobile and TV platforms, working on new feature releases and evolving the next phase of application framework. With a rapidly expanding company, growth within the team and opportunities to lead engineering initiatives are abundant. We need people who want to help us build a strong engineering culture and a fun, vibrant work place.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Organise and facilitate Scrum ceremonies (planning meetings, daily scrums, demo's and retrospectives)
- Ensure the development team & Product Owner work together in the Scrum framework
- Track the progress of the Sprint on a daily basis in order to be able to take proactive measures ahead of time where required to help the team to achieve the sprint goal
- Monitor and communicate team velocity and release progress
- Ensure the team are being as effective and productive as they can by protecting them from external distractions and actively removing impediments to their progression
- Work with the Product Owner to prepare the scrum backlog
- Liaise with other Scrum teams and external teams to address and resolve cross team issues, conflicts and dependencies
- Be an active part of the Scrum Master community within Dazn and participate in continuous improvement within this discipline
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Have worked directly in the Software Development field for 2-5 years as either a Developer or Tester
- Commercial experience as a Scrum Master
- Certified Scrum Master (Scrum Alliance or scrum.org)
- Ability to handle conflict effectively
Here's a little more about us…
THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY...
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/