What's your new role about?
Are you interested in helping change and shape the way customers watch live sport? Are you passionate about broadcast technology and leading a team? If so, then our Broadcast Production Engineering Supervisor could be the perfect next step for you!
This role will predominately be heading up the shift-based production engineering team that supports live production operations, acting as a point of technical reference and escalation, working across the broadcast platforms, contributing technical and operational improvements to event planning and workflows. They will work on fault finding and reporting to drive continual service improvement to give the highest availability of systems.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with the wider teams to ensure live events are planned and conducted in a way that delivers the best possible output with the highest levels of redundancy. You will also take ownership over the support of the operational staff during the live events where quick thinking and guidance to the production team is essential in delivering the best quality viewing experience. Preventative maintenance procedures along with faulty equipment diagnosing will all be requirements to keep the availability of our operation as high as possible, especially during major and high profile events.
If this sounds like a great next step in your Broadcast Technology career, then our growing Production Engineering team could the perfect place for you to shine!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Technical planning and guaranteeing of broadcast production
- Supporting engineering and production teams to achieve a high standard of production and output
- Authorise, schedule and implement broadcast infrastructure maintenance and upgrades
- Main point of technical escalation and fault management for issues within the production environment
- Reviewing issues and ensuring faults are investigated for continual service improvement
- Oversee operator assistance in setting up equipment configuration for each event
- Driving a ‘can-do’ culture and developing staff abilities
- Ensuring documentation is provided, up to date and created where necessary
- Supporting key events taking place in DAZN Galleries and Production Suites
- Ensure integration between galleries and post-production infrastructure is guaranteed: file transfer orchestration monitoring and storage management
- Promoting a health and safety conscious working environment
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Ability to lead a team and breed a culture of customer service
- Broadcast signal acquisition and live streaming knowledge
- Background in satellite and fibre contribution signals, studio production workflows, broadcast infrastructure, distribution
- Server maintenance and support
- Keeping calm under pressure in live events with the ability to work anti-social hours to give support during key live events or incidents.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Previous team leading ability
- System monitoring design and deployment experience
- Ticketing system experience and support task organisation
- Financial awareness
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.