What's your new role about?
Looking to take the next step in your Scrum Master career? Join DAZN’s growing team and take ownership of our Agile processes and help DAZN change the way people watch sports forever.
As a Scrum Master, you will work with a Scrum Team as well as the entire organisation and take responsibility for promoting and supporting Scrum, by helping everyone understand theory, practices, rules, and values. You will be responsible for actively transforming our organisation to be more agile.
If it sounds like a role at DAZN could provide you with the challenges and opportunities to help you progress in your Scrum Master career then we would love to hear from you!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Promote and support Scrum, by helping everyone understand theory, practices, rules, and values
- Work with the Product Owner on preparing the Product Backlog
- Make sure impediments affecting the Development Team’s progress are removed or properly escalated
- Be an active part of the Scrum Master community within DAZN worldwide and participate in continuous improvement within this discipline
- Proactively share agile knowledge and practices across the whole organization
- Teach the wider organization the benefits of being agile
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Understanding of agile philosophy and agile methodologies; practical knowledge of Scrum and Extreme Programming
- Ability to adjust the way of working and choose accurate retrospective techniques to the team, based on a specific situation, team maturity level, etc.
- An assertive attitude in co-operation with the business and development team
- Being a good observer and having the ability to identify impediments
- English language skills on a communicative level, allowing you to work in an international environment
- Conflict management skills and knowledge about dedicated techniques
- Experience in IT and in Scrum Master role
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of product management tools, including practical knowledge of Jira
- Experience working in Software Development
- Knowledge about team dysfunctions
- Knowledge about scaled agile techniques, frameworks and methodologies, like SAFe, Nexus, LeSS, DAD, etc.
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
- We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- Benefits also include medical insurance, group insurance, Multisport card and flexible working arrangements.
- We have a break room with PlayStation, table soccer, ping-pong table and massage chair.
- You can also enjoy breakfast and fruits throughout the week.
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/