What's your new role about?
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to play a key role in the finance department in the continued expansion of DAZN in Brazil.
SO WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
- Aid management team in understanding their financial results and suite of business KPIs (and using them to play a leading role in driving the performance and maximizing opportunities across all areas of the business within the region)
- Take ownership for producing robust and timely KPI reporting along with insightful analysis to help the DAZN regional management team interpret performance and aid decision making
- Responsible for providing support to the VP Finance to ensure accurate forecasting, performance analysis and historic reporting in respect of the revenue, gross margin and associated KPIs
- Develop in depth understanding of the central cost center and be able to ‘tell the story’ to both a finance and non-finance audience around performance and key sensitivities
- Ensure DAZN regional management keep within their cost budgets for Brazil – proactive tracking, measurement, forecasting, challenge and support. Across both costs within gross margin but also operational and production costs below the line.
- Optimize financial reporting systems to accurately reflect underlying cost base
- ·Ad-hoc finance duties necessary to support the VP Finance
KEY DELIVERABLES (WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?)
- Trend analysis and reporting KPIs
- Commercial support / influence and business partnering
- Budgeting, re-forecasting and reporting/presentations
- SSC liaison and oversight
- Cost control
- Liaison with central functions
- Driving culture of governance and control
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS (DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW?)
- Excellent understanding of finance
- Ability to produce accurate and timely reporting
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Financial analysis and monthly financial reporting (including non-financial KPI metrics)
- Deadline focused
- The desire and ability to innovate and to tackle challenges positively and creatively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS (DO YOU HAVE THESE DESIRABLES?)
- Knowledgeable of an Oracle based finance system (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in an online subscription, media, tech or sport business
Here's a little more about us…
HERE IS A BIT MORE ABOUT US
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in five territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, US, Canada and Japan on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles. We have just launched in Spain and Brazil.