What's your new role about?
As our new correspondent for Manchester City, you will be covering everything there’s to be covered about the club from top to bottom.
You’ll be providing our readers with journalistic coverage around matches, press conferences as well as other events.
You’ll get to use your journalistic experience to provide thought-provoking content for the Goal network. Your professional appearance will allow you to work effectively with the club and other stakeholders.
In addition, you’ll be comfortable with using social media and making on-camera appearances talking about the latest Manchester City match and the latest developments at the Etihad Stadium.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Provide news, features, match coverage and expertise on the club
- Be the main point of contact for the Editor & the Goal network for information, opinion & comment in and around Manchester City
- Develop existing and forge new relationships inside and around the club to manage a great relationship between club & Goal
- Follow the club at press conferences and matches throughout the Premier League, domestic Cups & European campaign
- Provide tailored video output on the club both in front of camera as well as self-shooting and editing
- Be active across multiple social media platforms to promote the Goal brand
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Outstanding writing skills and confident in dealing with different formats
- Possessing an established and credible profile across all media platforms, such as print, digital, broadcast and social media
- Confident in generating and managing PR as well as commercial relationships
- Brand savvy, audience focused, digital native – passionate and knowledgeable about digital content, international media markets and user consumption
- Must have proven contacts around the club
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience in using social analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) and SEO tools
- Department: Editorial
- Job Title: Manchester City Correspondent
- Type: Permanent
- Reports to: Head of News
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: Remote, United Kingdom
- Hours of Work: Mon – Sun 40 hours
- Line Management Responsibility: No
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance and pension contributions up to 5%.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world. Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles. The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon. To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com