What's your new role about?
Do you want to be part of a team that engineers a global product that’s used by millions of users daily?
DAZN is one of the fastest-growing OTT companies in the world and streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries. Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 700+ million hours of content!You are going to be a part of a new self-sufficient team of engineers developing solutions for the AdTech tribe, directly impacting the success of advertising at DAZN.
As our new Team Lead, you’ll be mentoring and coaching members of a team which will specialise in advertising technology as well as be involved with hands-on engineering and technical problem-solving. You will take responsibility for productivity, the quality of the work they produce and the overall well-being of the team. You should aim to create a positive team culture and identity as well as supporting the growth of the individuals in the team. You will be responsible for ensuring that everyone in the team has a voice and is respected as well as ensuring the team understand their role within the organisation.
The AdTech tribe is responsible for the expansion of video advertising across all DAZNs app platforms and is considered a key revenue generator for the company. AdTech starts with onsite cameras and goes all the way through to every user’s app or TV. This role is a fantastic opportunity to learn about modern broadcasting including dynamic ad insertion.
This role can be based in Katowice, or you can work remotely from anywhere in Poland.
As our new Team Lead, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Line manage and develop professionally within a small team of skilled engineers and SDETs
- Manage and integrate advertising into our video platforms across multiple devices to millions of users
- Develop key requirements and working with stakeholders from the end-to-end programme
- Work on building multiple green field projects
- Oversee and expand our technology team to fully understand AdTech ensuring global and scalable build of systems within the stack and integration of vendor delivered services and tools
- Identify new opportunities and experiments to drive proof of concepts to improve system integration, implementation time and generate cost efficiencies
- Recruit and onboard skilled engineers and testers
You’ll be set up for success if:
- You have experience in line management, incl. seeking consensus and valuing other’s opinions as much as their own, ensuring the team have the tools to do their best work, supporting a learning environment for your team and individuals, acting as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders
- You have background in software engineering and development experience
- You have thorough understanding of a testing pyramid
- You've been involved in technical discussions, seeking consensus
- You contribute to technical implementation when necessary
- You perform code reviews, write application code, and create internal tooling
Even better if you have:
- Exposure to other OO languages, such as Java, C#, Golang
- Experience measuring impact of internal and external developer initiatives
- Experience with managing budgets
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN streaming service
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Annual leave increasing by 3 days after 3 years
- Private medical and dental insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Employee Assistance Program (psychological, managerial, legal and financial counselling)
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.