What's your new role about?
You want to be part of our exciting journey taking DAZN, the global platform for live- and on-demand sports, to the next level and define how we conquer the hearts and minds of sports fans in Germany?
DAZN’s core product benefit is making a broad range sports accessible to fans anytime and anywhere the way they want; live, re-live or as Highlights, all at a fair price without long-term commitment.
As a brand we mean a lot to fans as we bring them closer to the heart of sports – in an authentic, real and unfiltered way.
As part of the subscription leadership team in Germany, you will define the local brand strategy and activation across 7-digit € paid media campaigns and across content marketing initiatives leveraging our social and publisher ecosystem. We want to surprise and excite sports fans in Germany and at the same time increase their likelihood to sign up to DAZN by addressing key barriers and motivators to sign up in our comms strategy across multiple touchpoints.
We are a challenger in the market and love to create impact with everything we do.
You will need to be experienced in identifying strong consumer insights from different research sources to inform DAZN’s brand marketing planning working against our overall business, marketing and comms objectives. You are capable of defining campaign KPIs related to these objectives and able to judge the success of the team’s initiatives over the planning cycle across all relevant channels.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Own, live and breathe and bring to life the DAZN brand positioning and strategy in market, ensuring we deliver what our customers want
- Energise the brand via an insight-led activation strategy, lead the team in its execution across yearly planning cycles in paid reach media campaigns, social marketing and publisher marketing.
- Own brand and audience segmentation research to provide relevant insights to your team and the wider subscription function in DACH, working closely with the global research and strategy teams.
- Develop creative and messaging strategy across the funnel and ensure its activation across all consumer touchpoints.
- Foster close working relationship with the Global Brand & Campaign-, Strategy- and Marketing Research teams as well as Content Development and Production & Editorial.
- Establish connection between business, marketing and comms objectives, define leading KPIs and measurement of those to understand if the strategy is working in driving brand response and brand equity across different target segments (which ultimately enable market penetration and revenue growth).
- Lead, inspire and develop a team of highly skilled and motivated individuals.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 10+ years of experience in marketing with a focus on Strategic Planning, Brand Marketing and Content Marketing (Social, Publisher) for a (digital) consumer brand or marketing agency.
- Extensive experience with market segmentation research, brand tracker research, campaign testing & evaluation research and performance measurement in upper funnel.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning experience.
- Creative mindset with strong creative judgment for content and campaign creative.
- Strong team leader and communicator providing vision and direction to the Brand & Planning team and the wider DACH subscription team.
- Proficient German and English language skills.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Broad understanding of mechanics and opportunities in the digital publishing ecosystem (Social Platforms, Google/ SEO, web blogs)
- Experience with digital entertainment products or wider sports media industry
- Experience in creative storytelling / concept development and content production
- Experience in subscription businesses across music, video or others.
- Department: Marketing (Germany, Austria, Switzerland)
- Reports To (title): VP Subscription
- Career Level: CL4
- Country and Location: Germany, Berlin
- Hours of Work: 40
- Line Management Responsibility: yes
GERMANY BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 30 days’ annual leave, matched pension contributions of 3% of annual salary, company festivities, fresh fruit, coffee and other refreshments.
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professionaldevelopment. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.