What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
DAZN streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues in 9 markets including Germany, Italy, Japan, Canada, USA, Spain and Brazil. Since we launched 3 years ago we have streamed more than 300 million hours of content!
We are looking for an experienced and passionate engineer to join our Mobile Team. There you will have the opportunity to take the technical ownership of the code, ensuring that the result is reliable, scalable, performant and secure. You will be picking the latest technologies that will help you write a top-notch application. This involves writing automated and unit tests and making sure no bugs pass.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Implement new features with unit and automated tests & support existing features
- Drive features starting from ideation phase until delivery and live monitoring
- Work outside of a single scrum team to ensure we deliver the best possible product
- Take care of the health of the codebase
- Build a large app according to the Android-SDK standards (modules, dynamic feature modules)
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Ability to work with other developers to understand requirements and designs and implement Android application in Kotlin
- Willingness to experiment and adapt to the needs of millions of our of users
- Staying up to date with the Android SDK changes and trends
- RxJava or alternative multithreading libraries
- JSON/Restful services
- Version control systems
- Gradle or alternative build systems
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience from other large scale products and adapting them to our needs
- Experience with writing unit and automated tests
- Software engineering fundamentals in object-oriented design, programming best practices
- Familiarity with build automation and CI
Here's a little more about us…
Benefits include medical insurance, group insurance, multisport card and flexible working arrangements. We also have a break room with PlayStation, table soccer and massage chair. You can also enjoy breakfast and fruits throughout the week.
And there’s more… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.