What's your new role about?
Want to join the MCR Team at DAZN? (By the way… It’s pronounced “Da-Zone”)
We are looking for an experienced individual to join our MCR team based in Bangor, Northern Ireland. You will need to be able to work in a challenging environment ensuring our live operations are uninterrupted and run smoothly in line with the terms of our SLA’s. Our work is mission critical, we are on the front line of the company’s global content ingest, pulling in sporting content from across the globe for use on multiple platforms. Our schedules follow global sport calendars, so this position requires the candidate to work days, nights, weekends and public holidays on a shift basis. The ideal candidate will need to prove their ability to work in a busy broadcast environment.
As a Senior Operator you will be responsible for the day to day running of the MCR. You will keep everything running smoothly and assist the more junior members of staff when needed. You will train others in the team, so you will be expected to understand the workflows to a higher level than most. Double checking routing and incident reports are par for the course and the ability to keep a cool head when incidents inevitably occur is a necessity.
You will join a close-knit team that values the desire to learn over previous experience (though both are ideal). We are also proud that despite the workload, we try and keep a relatively relaxed atmosphere in the MCR. There’s always someone at the kettle, ensuring you’re kept well hydrated during a busy yet fun filled shift in the MCR!
If the above seems like a good fit – we’d love to meet you for an interview.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Downlink of satellite / RF content across both local and remote ingest hubs
- Management of IP contribution circuits
- Complete routing and switching of events based on internal booking system
- Providing first line support for any issues that arise.
- Provide training and support to junior team members
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work nights and weekends on a semi-regular basis.
- Considerable experience working in a Broadcast MCR
- Ability to work as a member of a close-knit team.
- Knowledge of satellite delivery, decrypting and decoding
- Experience in use of broadcast equipment such as SA, IRDs, AV / RF routers etc
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Speaking a second language is advantageous.
- Experience within a sports broadcasting role would be beneficial.
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
- Department: Broadcast Services
- Internal Job Title: Senior MCR Operator
- Reports To (title): MCR Team Leader
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: Bangor, Northern Ireland
- Hours of Work: Shift Rotation
- Line Management Responsibility: None