What's your new role about?
Do you want to be a key part of the Distribution Technology team delivering a global product that is used by millions of users daily? As a Distribution Engineer you can influence and enable an entire Country network, ensuring record breaking traffic record can be delivered with the highest Quality of Experience to millions of users.
DAZN is one of the fasting growing OTT companies in the world and stream over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries
Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 600 million hours of content!
We are looking with someone with experience of working with Content Delivery Networks, , Streaming Protocols, Advertising Technologies and Security technologies. A large part of this role will be about managing engineering and configuration with these platforms and the systems that underpin them. Including areas such as: performance, technical requirements, technical on-boarding, delivery of new services and supporting commercial initiatives with each of these.
Ideally in a broadcaster environment you will have experience of working with the technical and operational aspects of delivering OTT video content with an understanding of OTT content delivery systems (including CDN, ASN, ISP, Security, Advertising).
You will be familiar with developing and ensuring processes are in place that ensure: Engineering and Technical Support, driving Quality of Service and Quality of Experience.
You will be part of the Distribution Technology team who are directly involved and responsible for DAZN content delivery. As part of the Playback Experience group who look after the entire playback chain from stadium to screen, the Distribution team leads the strategy, development, implementation, and management of content delivery systems.
This role is based in London. The internal job title is Distribution Platform Engineer
Benefits will depend on your location but will include access to DAZN, an annual performance related bonus, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Streaming / CDN Engineer you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Configure and engineer CDNs, OTT technologies and systems.
- Engineering distribution security solutions and supporting the DAZN security team with anti-piracy projects
- Distribution technology lead supporting advertising projects and operations
- Work on Technical, capacity and troubleshooting requirements for delivery via CDN though to ISP networks
- Produce Technical documentation for operational team.
- Support the delivery of new technology systems, sports rights and terrirtories
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience with engineering video streaming technologies
- Excellent with CDN technologies and caching technologies.
- Experience of creating, updating , and promoting internal documentation, reports, and process documents.
- Experience with tools like Terraform and GitHub
- Experience working on real time QoS measurement to track and detect issues.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with cloud services.
- Experience with internet security projects
- Experience with website delivery configurations
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.