What's your new role about?
DAZN is coming to Taipei in September 2019 to find talented Engineers looking to impact a product that reaches MILLIONS of concurrent users and have a desire to live in Europe! You will be given sponsorship to move to Amsterdam and a relocation package that includes flights, legal assistance, bonuses + more. Have you ever dreamed of lived and working abroad?
What’s better than writing code that reaches millions of concurrent users globally? Doing it with millions more in mind. In 2019, we have already expanded into Spain and Brazil after success in USA, Japan, Canada, Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland and there are only more markets to follow.
Do you want the creative freedom to make the product something you’re proud to show others? The Backend teams are given the autonomy over the software built and provided and the power to select the right tool for the job to build a modern, scalable and resilient platform. In return, we expect you to take ownership of the systems you build, and that means: you're responsible for the operational health of your services and you're empowered and encouraged to fix operational issues (i.e. there will be space for improvement work and bug fixes in the sprints) We are using a microservices architecture and everything is hosted in AWS. We use a combination of both containers as well as serverless, and many managed AWS services including DynamoDB, API Gateway, ECS, Lambda and much more.
Is your current job allowing you to become better at your craft or just lengthening your years in the industry? Whether it's learning to speak at events, cross-training across the stack, learning to develop tools for other teams or gaining knowledge and ideas from some of the great minds we have here – you’ll always be getting better at DAZN.
Here's what you will do (not all of it, just the important stuff!)
- Build and maintain scalable microservices
- Collaborate with Product Managers, and other Software Engineers to deliver a compelling user experience
- Deliver maintainable, robust and testable code
- Share knowledge and collaborate with other developers across the business You've got to have these essentials to do your job well...
- Experience in building cloud-hosted services
- Ability to effectively communicate technical ideas to others
- Ability to write tests
- Track record of successful software delivery through all phases of development, code reviews, testing, and operations
It would be great if you had these desirable skills/experience too...
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with infrastructure and deployment automation
- Worked on large scale web applications
- Leverages and contributes to open source
Perks, benefit etc.
- High End Laptops (Mac or PC)
- Charity events
- Access to DAZN
- Hosted meetups
- Budget to attend events & conferences
- Free Coffee/Tea/Milk/Cereals & Fruit
- Free Access to Safari Ebooks
- Yoga & Meditation Classes
- Multi-Faith Room
- Social Events
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Retirement/Pension Plan
- Life & Disability Coverage
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/