What's your new role about?
The VP Media, Japan is a newly created role within the DAZN Media division that will be responsible for leading the Company’s Media business across Japan.
A successful candidate will ensure best business practices are put in place to manage revenue growth and top-class service levels as well as be an ambassador for DAZN at a senior level within the Agency and brand ecosystem as well as with the key rightsholders and partners of the business. We want you to go to the next level for both revenue and creative output.
- Deliver the DAZN Japan media revenue budget and work closely with the SVP APAC and finance team to manage costs to ensure bottom line and top line revenue growth
- Manage and provide leadership to the wider DAZN Media team including strategy, activation, sales and ad operations
- Develop multi-platform strategies and executions that position DAZN as an innovator
- Have or develop a network of blue chip brands
- Maximise media trading and programmatic relationships with agencies and generate maximum exposure with client direct decision makers
- Deliver best in class trade agreements with our agency partners
- Set the commercial agenda for the business and continue to evolve and improve our output
- Explore any 3rd party partnerships that may be of interest
- Have a strong grasp of industry metrics and foresight to predict future trends to ensure we are ahead of the competition
- Proven track record of overachieving revenue targets and growing team performance in Japanese sports and media industry
- Experience in managing senior personnel and teams across multiple locations.
- Commercially astute, a sound deal maker you will ensure DAZN is a must buy for agencies and brands
- Experience negotiating complicated multi-platform commercial partnerships
- Knowledge of the sports and tech industries as well as broadcast trading models and digital cross selling initiatives
- Have a strong perspective on content and product offerings in the industry
- Extensive experience of delivering Sales budget and managing, motivating a winning team. Ability to inspire people around a shared vision and focus the team on a common goal.
- Demonstrate leadership and be a point of reference for internal and external stakeholders.
- Language skills in Japanese and English
JAPANESE BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- Social security included (Health care insurance, Employee pension scheme, Employment insurance, Labour personal accident insurance)
- Annual Health Exams
- Annual paid leave of 15 days (pro-rated depending on the start date)
- Relo club employee benefit package - (access to more than 50,000 services such as discounts in sports clubs, leisure facilities and physical exams)
- Company doctor (monthly inspection of office as well as stress check)
- Discount for every drink in office vending machines
- Free subscription on DAZN
- Access to free tickets for every J-league game and occasionally for other sports
- Paid commuting allowance up to 30,000 yen a month
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in five territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify and Amazon to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in Germany, US, Canada, Japan, Italy, Switzerland and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.