What's your new role about?
DAZN is hiring for a HR Manager to join our fast-paced business delivering sport to its fans, primarily based in Amsterdam but with some travel to other sites. This role will report into the VP People for Technology in the UK, you will have one direct report based in Amsterdam. Our Amsterdam office has recently been through a fast scale up, this role will be key in supporting managers to build the right culture and practices. A key part of this role will be to provide day-to-day generalist support and advice to our mid-tier managers across the business, along with supporting with the cyclical HR activity including but not limited to; Performance Review cycle, Annual Salary Review, Career Development planning and supporting with various initiatives set out in the annual People Plans. We are looking for someone who has a solid generalist background that is looking to be part of a fast-paced dynamic team. The HR Manager will have a sound knowledge of Dutch employment law and practical experience with managing employee relations. They will be confident and professional in their manner within a team environment. They will support all parts of the business and as such will need to have excellent relationship building skills.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE?
- Proactively work with the HRBP within DAZN to ensure the local People Plan Initiatives are embedded within the different business areas
- Support the talent management process and follow up actions including succession planning and developing actionable Talent Profiles for mid-tier managers
- Provide generalist support to various teams on day to day HR and Recruitment advice & people management support
- Support with the annual salary review (ASR) process ensuring managers have clarity on this, data is correct & the process runs seamlessly
- Ensure the personal development review (PDR) process runs smoothly supporting the managers with the concept and consistency of approach
- Liaise with the recruitment team to provide support with CL1-CL4 roles and provide managers with interview support to ensure great hires are made in line with our company values and role requirements
- Provide reliable advice on employee relations, contractual and HR issues in line with the local terms and conditions of employment ensuring a pragmatic business and best practice approach
- Support and coach managers to effectively drive team engagement
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- A broad understanding of different aspects of HR, including very strong knowledge of Dutch employment law
- understanding of relocation and immigration laws for Netherlands
- Experience with influencing business stakeholders to adopt appropriate HR strategies that support the business agenda
- Ability to communicate effectively, succinctly and professionally to all levels of people
- An upbeat and positive attitude
- Customer driven, collaborative with a hands-on approach and the proven ability of identifying pragmatic business focused solutions to problems whilst recognising risks and implications of suggested actions
- Confident self-starter able to work independently as well as effectively as part of a remote HR team
- Strong organisational capability, able to prioritise and delegate to meet deadlines and to manage diverse work
- Strong MS Office and IT literacy with the proven ability to create and deliver workshops and presentations
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Professional Human Resources qualification is desirable
- Experience of working in a fast paced and sometimes unstructured environment is helpful!
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.