What's your new role about?
DAZN is looking for a passionate Payment Operations Team Leader to join the Operations Team. Experience managing teams is preferred. Experience with Zuora, Salesforce, Adyen or payment consoles like Google Play Billing or Apple In-App Purchases is not required but will be looked upon favorably.
As a Payment Operations Team Leader at DAZN, you will be responsible for managing the Payment Operations NALA Team and overseeing the NALA payments ecosystem. This will include monitoring the performance of the NALA Payment Operations team, empowering them to perform at a higher level and reporting back to the Head of Payment Operations. The NALA Payment Operations team will be central to all of the rapid growth in Europe in 2019.
You will report to the Head of Payment Operations in the UK but work closely alongside regional Operations, the Web & Acquisition Product Team, Customer Support and various development teams based around the world. Your goal is to maintain and optimize the payments ecosystem and instrument the Payments Product Roadmap as defined by the Head of Payments. Managing the NALA Payment Operations team, you will also be required to delegate tasks while fostering a spirit of team-work, positive work ethic and an upbeat morale.
In this role, you will also be responsible for performing analysis on DAZN’s NALA payments performance, including deep-diving into transactional data to support the optimization of acquisition rates and reduce customer churn. Over time, your growing understanding of these systems will also be vital in assisting the Quality Assurance and Customer Service teams to validate requirements. You will also be the point person for live issue investigation as well as managing and resolving a backlog of day-to-day payment issues.
This role has great potential to expand your understanding and knowledge of all aspects of online payments and e-commerce, from acquirer testing to definition of billing strategy and fraud prevention. As DAZN grows, this role will increase in responsibility. You will have support from the Product Acquisition Team based in London, Poland, Munich, New York and Tokyo to enable you to upskill in e-commerce management and analytical techniques. Furthermore, you may be required to travel abroad to support product launches and to receive training from the rest of the Payments Team.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Manage the NALA Payment Operations Team – ensuring they hit their key deliverables and are enabled and empowered to complete their tasks
- Work with Customer Services to manage and resolve the NALA Payment Issues backlog with particular focus on critical payment issues that may arise post product-launch and beyond
- Own the day-to-day management of the payments ecosystem including Salesforce, Zuora, Adyen and 3rd party payment method consoles such as Google Play Billing and Apple In-App Purchases
- Own the delivery of new payment methods and the launch of new markets in NALA. This will include orchestrating Finance reporting and QA testing for example
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Strong leadership, setting a high standard by leading by example and lifting the team around you
- Bilingual – ideally English (excellent) and German, Spanish, Portuguese or French (very good)
- You are a People Person – meaning you know how to work with and manage different personalities to get the best out of people, always making time for your team and colleagues
- Organization and efficient delivery of work - not only allocating tasks towards PayOps team member strengths but also upskilling weaknesses to prevent bottle-neck scenarios
- Effective communicator with high computer/word literacy. You are confident in contributing to senior-level stakeholder meetings, in particular for resolving and updating on critical payment issues
- You have intellectual curiosity combined with outstanding a nalytical skills
- Passion for customer data and customer experience
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and efficiently prioritize workloads
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience with payments platforms (e.g. Adyen, WorldPay, Stripe, etc)
- Experience with subscription-based products, e-commerce or online payments in general
- Experience with mobile payments
- Knowledge of the NALA payments landscape
- Passionate about Sport or OTT Streaming services
US BENEFITS INCLUDE
- You’ll receive up to 15 days of Paid Time OFF (from the start), 9 paid holidays, affordable health benefits (dental and vision included), generous sick time package, competitive parental leave, short and long-term disability paid by the company, basic term life insurance and personal accident insurance paid by the company, 401(k) and a flexible work environment.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development program and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles. The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.