What's your new role about?
Do you want to be part of a team that engineers a global product that’s used by millions of users daily?
DAZN is one of the fastest-growing OTT companies in the world and streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries. Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 700+ million hours of content!
As a Head of Engineering / VP of Engineering in the Product Engineering Group, you’ll play a crucial role in driving initiatives and features to create world-class experiences on Mobile, Web and Living Room Devices. You need to create highly engaged, high-performing teams; able to iterate, optimise and learn as we develop and refine ideas. You need to empower your teams, allowing them to self-organise, yet be highly aligned; this is our way to operate at scale. And as a leader you need to deep-dive, technically, into solutions and problems in this hyper-fragmented and constrained technical space, mentoring and coaching the teams toward excellence.
You will take a crucial part of building your group’s roadmap together with Product and Delivery teams. You’ll need to continue to hire great talent to compliment the already outstanding engineers; continually raising the bar. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning.
Your teams will be located in Poland and in India
There's so much we must do. Get ready for the journey. This role will be based in our brand-new Hyderabad office.
Join us in India’s beautiful “City of Pearls” and bring your ambition to life.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Leading the Engineering to bring the best QOE for the DAZN customers and the highest value for the business
- Managing a department of Backend, Web, Mobile and Living Room (Smart TV’s, Game Consoles, Set Top Boxes etc) Engineers
- Working tightly with Product, Delivery and Business on execution, from commercial gates to delivery and deployment
- Working with other Engineering VPs on product and architectural alignment
- Setting the technical vision for your department as part of the DAZN ecosystem
- Technical, managerial and leadership growth of Engineering Managers and Leads
- Playing a major role in shaping the culture
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 15 years of experience in leading a large multi-team group of Engineers
- Background in Cloud engineering and in client-side (mainly Web) engineering
- Experience in scalable development and deployment of applications
- Experience in teams' growth and structuring
- Experience in agile methodologies
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience in a B2C company of a large-scale customer
- Experience in OTT and in streaming applications
- Experience in lower levels of client-side development for OTT: Set Top Boxes and/or Mobile applications
- Experience in OTT multimedia playback
- Experience in OTT advertising solutions
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.