What's your new role about?
If you are a Post Production Engineer, Workflow Engineer or Transcode Specialist looking to build skills and experience across broadcast, newsroom and OTT workflows then joining DAZN's Central Engineering team could be a great move for you and your Broadcast Media career!
As part of DAZN's dynamic, growing Central Engineering team, you will play a key role in the development of media file workflow systems. This department is responsible for designing technologies and solutions that underpin our post production file based video and audio workflows from ingest through to global distribution, along with the support and maintenance of automated file-based platforms which cover most audio/video related parts of the chain from signal acquisition through to edit and on-demand delivery.
You will fit in well with your excellent knowledge of orchestration, workflow engines, transcode and file-based distribution systems and your experience with audio and video codecs and formats will be really useful. Using your solid experience with MAM platforms and post production automated workflows, you'll act as a fantastic senior technical member of the team.
You’ll use Ruby alongside Aspera, and any skills in Bash/Shell, XML, and Json would be great! Python & C# would be a bonus too, but these are things you can pick up along the way. If you happen to have any experience in scripting and API integration, then even better!
No doubt you share our team's passion for Broadcast and media technology, so if this sounds like a challenge you would love to get stuck into then we would love to hear from you!
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Design workflows and test in a virtual environment
- Develop and integrate central broadcast engineering platforms
- Create and update operational documentation & training resources and train operational and support staff
- Communicate with and provide technical assistance to operational staff
- Perform maintenance and periodic review of key systems and workflows
- Manage the delivery of projects and user acceptance testing
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Workflow Automation – Aspera Orchestrator, Ruby programming language, XML workflows
- Transcode & distribution – Vantage, FFmpeg, Amberfin, Content Agent, Aspera Faspex
- QC- Media Formats and Codecs
- Linux operating system (CentOS, RedHat)
- Scripting/Development - of Ruby, Bash/Shell, XML, and Json
- MAM & NLE - Dalet MAM, Adobe CC (Premiere, AFX), Avid Interplay, Avid Media Composer
NOT ESSENTIAL, BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience of DPP file delivery framework
- Software Dev – Python, C#
- Experience of IP contribution Mpeg Transport Stream Recorders
- Knowledge of 4K post production workflows
- Accurately communicate via internal ticketing system
- Familiar with ITIL and Agile process management
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work to indulge your passion for Broadcast Media. We are at the cutting edge of streaming technology, allowing us to deliver sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that is pushing the boundaries of Broadcast. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work that they produce. If you like solving technical problems and being part of new and complex ideas then this is the place to be. We have a Broadcast community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: http://media.dazn.com