What's your new role about?
Do you want to be part of a team that engineers a global product that’s used by millions of users daily?
DAZN is one of the fastest-growing OTT companies in the world and streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries. Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 700+ million hours of content!
A bit about your team
The AdTech team is responsible the expansion of video advertising across all DAZNs app platforms and is considered a key revenue generator for the company. AdTech starts with on site camera’s and goes all the way through to every user’s app or TV. This role is a great opportunity to learn about modern broadcasting including dynamic ad insertion.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Build and support the low-level player features, working with our Video Architects.
- Work on Extensions: Building and supporting the features that are built on top of the player to help increase engagement and revenue
- Work closely with multiple dev / product teams to create and maintain test cases covering product / feature requirements and help the teams test their software.
- Work on our release process and pipeline with the other engineers to make continuous improvements using automation.
- Work closely with stakeholders outside the team to manage releases.
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- Work on MSE (Media Source Extensions) and EME (Encrypted Media Extensions) web APIs
- Work with video advertising technology
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines.
- Work on live applications with a continuous feature development / release cycle.
- Be empowered to use your initiative and drive ideas forward.
- Work on BDD, exploratory testing, defect regression, smoke-testing, and test planning.
Even better if you have:
- Experience working on or with web player technologies.
- Experience working on mobile, TV platforms and games consoles in an agile environment
- Experience with Adtech software & platforms
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.