What's your new role about?
HR – because you care!
Despite what outsiders might think, you'll know that HR and payroll can be exciting, challenging, and much more than just employment law – especially when it’s for the fastest growing sports company in the world! As our new HR Assistant in Germany, you’ll not only ensure that our employees are paid correctly and on time but also receive excellent assistance with all HR related queries.
Supporting our office in Ismaning, you will be responsible for a large number of employees in Germany. To ensure a smooth-running, you’ll work closely with the international HR & Payroll and Recruitment teams to build strong working relationships and ensure process consistency and governance is maintained.
As you’ll be the one to create contracts as well as monitor all employee related data, you’ll use your hawk eye to spot errors or discrepancies, and perhaps you’ll also get a little excited by processes and excel spreadsheets! Supporting our HR Generalist, you will be involved with various HR/Payroll projects throughout the year. With your German employment law knowledge and your first expertise working in HR you will give us much needed support and help drive the HR function to success – whether it concerns permanent employees, casual workers or interns.
This is an exciting time for the DAZN business with ever expanding growth and success. Working within a collaborative and vibrant HR environment, your flexibility and humour combined with HR expertise will fit perfectly within our team!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- You’ll be the first point of contact for all HR queries and employment legislation
- You’ll be responsible for all HR tasks related to interns, casual worker and full-time employees
- Creation of documents such as employment contracts, supplemental agreements, references many more
- Support our monthly payroll and collaborate with our external payroll provider & internal payroll Team to ensure a smooth running
- You’ll have ownership for onboarding and offboarding our employees
- Finally: you’ll get the chance to drive HR projects further, organise internal employee events and optimise processes while collaborating closely with our UK based teams
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Initial experience working in HR or in a comparable role, at least through internships
- Good working knowledge of current German employment law to be able to advise your internal stakeholders
- Ability to maintain confidentially and establish trust and credibility whilst acting with complete integrity
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Fluent in German and English, both verbal and written
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of social security law
- Familiar dealing with different employment types e.g. interns and casual workers
- Confident in all payroll related matters, especially with payroll preparations
- Department: HR Operations & Internal Coms
- Internal Job Title: HR Assistant
- Reports To (title): HR Generalist
- Career Level: CL2
- Country and Location: Ismaning, Germany
- Hours of Work: 40
- Line Management Responsibility: No
GERMANY BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 30 days’ annual leave, matched pension contributions of 3% of annual salary, company festivities, coffee and other refreshments.
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2500 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.