What's your new role about?
Define and deliver our long term strategic goals.
You’ll be a key member of the leadership team in Japan to define and shape our business moving forward
You will be leading strategy projects across Japan both commercial and corporate in a fast-paced and incredibly dynamic business.
You will support a number of stakeholders reporting to the EVP of Commercial and Corporate strategy in the UK and working closely with the EVP of Japan
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Setting the long-term strategic direction of DAZN Japan including support on communication across business and investors
- Market assessment including market opportunity sizing, rights landscape; segmentation, pricing & competitor analysis
- Work cross functionally through the business on key strategic projects
- Support the crafting and execution of DAZN’s strategy for the market from inception of ideas through to maturity to deliver revenue goals
- Customer and subscription management analysis, business cases, support and co-ordination
- Work with product and operational teams to ensure capabilities exist for medium-to-long term growth
- Work with our Executive committee to support the production of board materials
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in either Tier 1 Strategy Consulting firm, Investment Banking, Professional Services or In-House Strategy/Corporate Development team
- Demonstrable experience of utilising strategic analytical skills, economic and P&L modelling and forecasting, scenario planning, go to market / roll out plans and operational feasibility assessments
- Strong analytical capabilities with a track record of strategic development and implementation planning
- Experience working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of a wide range of international markets
- Working with or for an international business and in a matrix organisation
- Interest in the sports media industry
- Business fluency in English
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Prior media experience
- Studied or worked overseas
- Social security included (Health care insurance, Employee pension scheme, Employment insurance, Labour personal accident insurance)
- Annual Health Exams
- Annual paid leave of 15 days (pro-rated depending on the start date)
- Relo club employee benefit package (access to more than 50,000 services such as discounts in sports clubs, leisure facilities and physical exams)
- Company doctor (monthly inspection of office as well as stress check)
- Discount for every drink in vending machine
- Free access to DAZN (live or on-demand sports streaming service) on a daily basis
- Access to free tickets for every J-league game and occasionally for other sports
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- Work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.