What's your new role about?
DAZN is changing the game - Globally. We are unique on this planet in being the original OTT, live and on-demand sports provider. We are revolutionizing the way fans are consuming their sports content, bringing many more ways to enjoy and interact with sport. Your work will impact 100s of millions of people across the planet.
As a Principal Backend Engineer for Engagement at DAZN, you will be a lynch pin in shaping the development and delivery of various projects and features across our Engagement initiatives. As a recognized engineering leader in the Engagement domain, you will support and push teams to their maximum potential – defining engineering excellence. You will get to intimately understand many different DAZN product systems and juggle the needs of the engineering teams, architects, stakeholders and also your time as to where you can add most value.
In this role you will be a leader without being a manager and will remain very hands on in engineering and operations. You would be reporting directly to the VP of Engineering and will play a pivotal role in our senior leadership group.
This role is based in London
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Principal Engineer you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Lead by example by being hands-on and working with our teams to deliver high quality, architecturally sound systems; earning their respect as a technical leader.
- Partner with Architecture, Software Engineering and Site Reliability/Platform teams to guide projects from systems design through to live support.
- Ensure we stay ahead of a fast-paced industry; identifying new languages, tools, frameworks, concepts and producing prototypes of how they will benefit DAZN.
- Coach and mentor Software Engineers; fostering an environment of high performance and continual learning across our engineering teams.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Led the technical direction for several software engineering teams concurrently in roles such as a Tech Lead or Principal Engineer.
- Strong business judgement with proven ability to influence stakeholder decision making.
- Polyglot across several programming languages and paradigms, especially OOP and Functional Programming (ideally Node / JS)
- Must have been the primary designer/engineer for several critical back end distributed systems in the cloud which had to support high throughput at high availability and with low latency.
- Strong knowledge of the main AWS technologies
- DevOps experience with expertise in building CI/CD pipelines, automated and continuous testing, proactive monitoring, everything-as-code, etc.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.