What's your new role about?
Like the thought of making better business decisions using data? Of exploring data to build useful data products? If you have a new idea or can think of a better way to do something, you can do that here!
If you want to implement your data ideas and strategies within a state-of-the-art data environment, this might be the perfect role for you.
With your background in data analytics or cloud-based data warehousing (DWH) and your love for tech & sports, you will get the chance to bring data solutions to life; providing DAZN with valuable insight. As DAZN is a truly data driven environment, the Analytics & Insights Team is at the heart of every decision made within the business.
To give you an idea of what we mean by a state-of-art data environment: we operate within a Snowflake Data Warehouse, using Dataiku/DBT as an ETL tool to clean, enrich and prepare data to then be surfaced to the business via Looker. We also have our experimentation managed through the Optimizely platform.
How will you stand out to us?
- new ideas for using or producing useable data at DAZN
- strong knowledge of SQL and Python.
… the rest we can teach you with your hunger to make an impact.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Analytics & Insights Lead, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Ideating and delivering end-to-end data projects with a team of product data analysts, including experimentation, building robust datasets, frequent stakeholder interaction and uncovering new insights. Projects will often look at customer journeys through the platform, what features they interact with, and subsequent impacts on acquisitions, retention, engagement etc.
- Wrangling data using our ETL tool, Dataiku (a collaborative data science software platform), SQL/Python to build stable data sets / building statistical data models and Optimizely to conduct experiments
- Working with different functions and stakeholders to develop insights, experiments and KPIs. Using statistical analysis to understand outcomes of experiments and to infer relationships between customers and KPIs
- Support the product and technology teams in delivering against our ‘Horizon Objectives’, and making recommendations/advising on what we should do next within the product and data environments
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Significant experience working with data – as an analyst, manager, or lead
- Strong experience in data transformation and statistical analysis using SQL and python
- Experience in conducting A/B testing or other experimentation techniques
- Desire to test the status quo and innovate with an inquisitive and tenacious mindset
- Frequent exposure to business stakeholders (including senior stakeholders) and able to understand business requirements and the commercial reasoning, ability to push back and challenge projects, and easily translating requirements into data products.
- Ability to explain/present technical information to a non-technical stakeholder (often senior) in a logical and understandable manner, including explaining the business rationale and recommended next steps
- Experience in mentoring/coaching other data analysts
Even better if you have:
- A strong interest in sports and technology
- Enjoy working in an agile and fast paced environment
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.