What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis? DAZN is changing the game - globally.
We are one of the fastest-growing streaming media services (OTT - Over The Top) companies in the world and stream over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries.
As a Principal Software Engineer in Test within Living Room Domain, you will be empowered to shape the development, delivery, and quality strategy for various projects and features across DAZN. You will be there to support the teams by defining what engineering excellence looks like.
You will have the creative freedom to make the product something you’re proud to show others. The teams are given the autonomy over the software built and the power to select the right tool for the job to build a modern, scalable and resilient platform.
In this role, you will be a leader without being a manager and will remain very hands-on in engineering and operations working closely with the leadership team.
Teams are typically made up of around 5-8 Engineers, a Product Manager, Scrum Master, and an Engineering Manager supported by a Principal Engineers. Our team is a group from various and diverse backgrounds, we tend to have a flat structure within a team as everyone brings something different and has different experiences and knowledge.
This role can be based in Katowice or you can work partly remotely from Poland. The internal title is Principal Engineer.
As our new Principal Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Act as a technical product owner for various TV tools and Infrastructure
- Autonomously lead the SDETs of the Living Room domain by building business cases and developing strategies
- Support teams with hands-on tasks when necessary and be involved in every step of the software development process
- Support the growth of the Quality Assistance Engineers across the organisation through mentoring, coaching, and hiring
- Be in regular communication with engineers and teams from all the domains for quality related topics and initiatives
- Communicate with third-party vendors (Browser Stack, etc.)
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- Hands-on experience in designing and building CI pipelines
- Ability to influence and persuade teams to own the quality of features that they ship
- Experience with Frontend and Backend automated testing
- Experience with monitoring tools e.g. New Relic, Sentry etc
Even better if you have:
- Experience in working and testing on platforms that are resource constrained such as devices like TVs, Gaming Consoles, or set-top boxes
- Experience with AWS and Terraform (or other cloud service offerings)
- Knowledge of modern deployment (Blue-Green, Feature Flagging , Canary Release) strategies
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Annual leave increased by 3 days, after 3 years of tenure
- Private medical and dental insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
Here's a little more about us…
Please note: we will be able to review all applications and begin interviews for this role after 03.10 due to holiday season, but no later than 07.10. We apologise for the inconvenience.
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.