What's your new role about?
DAZN are looking for a passionate Technical Programme Manager to join our Amsterdam development centre and impact the way the world consumes sports!
As a Technical Programme Manager, you will support the on-going technical delivery of DAZN, a sports video streaming service across web, mobile and living room devices (game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes).
You will be responsible for supporting our product and software development teams for Payments (part of the wider Acquisition & Retention team) to deliver new features across all platforms on DAZN, enhancing the current customer experience and making DAZN a world class service for our customers.
You will collaborate with internal teams across product, design, operations, finance, marketing, commercial and the executive team on the product requirements, and manage the technology strategy and technical delivery with both internal and external development teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE (NOT EVERYTHING, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Manage multiple internal and external software development teams to deliver and enhance a best in class digital video service.
- Work with high-profile external stakeholders and business to ensure that technical implementation requirements are understood, and a regular cadence is in place for stakeholder management/reporting.
- Ensure business objectives are met and risks are managed, resolving technical problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Collaborate with the Product and UX teams on the product requirements documents, including requirements documentation, wireframes, user flows and detailed designs.
- Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process through operations and customer services on-boarding.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the delivery.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience leading successful technology delivery in a fast-paced online environment
- Hands on experience with Agile methodologies.
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices.
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of the challenges of launching products in multiple, non-English speaking markets.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
- Experience in managing internal and outsourced software development partners.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO...
- Experience of working in a similar role within Product Payments and/or Customer Acquisition & Retention
THESE ARE THE COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….
- Courage to make smart decisions
- Driven to succeed without being overly ruthless
- Able to focus on the things that matter
- Prepared to challenge your colleagues to make us better
- Honest and straightforward with your communication and open to direct feedback.
- Passionately and curious with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to inspire trust, confidence and motivate teams towards goal delivery
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in nine countries. Our goal is to change the world of sport for fans, connecting them & bringing them closer to every aspect of the game. We’re one of the fastest growing sports media companies in the world and as such, work in a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive environment. We’re passionate about what we do, particularly when it comes to building a great product for our customers. Our Product team works collaboratively with the Engineering team to continue optimizing our OTT Product and serve even more happy customers around the world.
We stream sports to fans directly through DAZN, featuring the widest arry of live and on-demand content ever offered on one platform. We partner with the biggest rights holders across football (Champions League, Europa League, English Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and 25+ more), boxing, Formula 1, NFL, NHL Baseball, Basketball, Rugby, Golf and many more, produce the best content ourselves, and operate some of the world’s biggest digital sports platforms.
If you’re looking to really make your mark on a fast growing global product, this is your chance.