What's your new role about?
Have you considered joining a product-led company where engineers have a chance to work on real-life problems at scale, with an impressive amount of autonomy and growth opportunities?
Here at DAZN we’re laser-focused on becoming the #1 place for sports fans all over the world. By joining us you will have a chance to work on a truly global product with hundreds of thousands of users visiting us every day.
Team 'Matatas' is a part of the Platform Foundations tribe, where the goal is to move Living Room forward and enable sports fans across the world to access DAZN easier than ever before.
We are developing both UI chapters (React) and backend services (Node) for DAZN 2.0 – our living room platform available on wide-variety of devices.
This role can be based in Katowice or you can work remotely from anywhere in Poland.
As our new Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Make a business impact by taking the very beginning of the customer journey to the next level (incl. Landing Pages, Authentication, Multi-Device Experiences, and much more)
- Deliver high quality, robust and testable code adhering to internal engineering practices, code conventions, and development methodologies
- Participate in a wide variety of initiatives, including enhancing back-end services, developing user-facing UI components, working on both internal and external solutions, and optimising your future career at DAZN for one of these areas
- Monitor system performance and resolve any issues or failures in staging or production environments
- Follow the “you build it, you own it” philosophy – from discovery, through design to the delivery phase
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience with React and NodeJS
- Commercial experience with GIT
- Basic understanding of DevOps practices and CI/CD pipelines development
- Min. upper-intermediate knowledge of English (B2)
Even better if you have:
- Good understanding of AWS and its capabilities
- Experience with working at product-first companies
- A success story of some internal initiatives that became a part of the company portfolio
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN streaming service
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Annual leave increasing by 3 days after 3 years
- Private medical and dental insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Employee Assistance Program (psychological, managerial, legal and financial counselling)
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.