What's your new role about?
As an Android Architect at DAZN, you will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable and maintainable Android applications that meet the needs of our users. You will work closely with our product and engineering teams to ensure that our Android applications are developed with high quality and that they meet our users' needs. You will also be responsible for managing the technical roadmap for the Android platform, ensuring that we stay up to date with the latest trends and technologies in Android development.
As our new Architect, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Design and implement scalable and maintainable Android applications.
- Work with product and engineering teams to gather requirements and ensure that the Android applications meet our users' needs.
- Develop technical roadmaps for the Android platform, ensuring that we stay up to date with the latest trends and technologies in Android development.
- Manage and mentor a team of Android developers.
- Collaborate with other architects and engineers to ensure that our Android applications integrate seamlessly with other platforms and systems.
- Conduct code reviews and ensure that our Android applications are developed with high quality and maintainability.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and technologies in Android development and provide guidance to the engineering team on best practices.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in Android development.
· A minimum of 3 to 5 years being an Architect, with below stack of skills with good design and architecture experience.
- Strong understanding of Android architecture patterns and best practices.
- Experience with Kotlin and Java programming languages.
- Experience with RxJava, Dagger, Retrofit, and other common Android libraries.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, Android Studio, and Gradle.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.