What's your new role about?
For 30 years, fans have watched sport in the same way. Life has changed. But sports television has not.
At DAZN, we think there is a better way. We let customers watch their favourite sports wherever they are, whenever they wish and however they want. On any device. At any time. All for a transparent and affordable fee and no long-term contract.
Our business isn’t like many others. And our People function isn’t either!
A People Partner will be as passionate about culture & engagement as they are in demonstrating their impact through commercially aligned people strategies and results.
We have a strong people team foundation, and yet, still early in our quest to build scalable, high quality people experiences, of which this role will be integral to our future. This role will support change and enable our people to drive our business forward.
This is the perfect opportunity for a hands-on Sr.HR Advisor/Manager looking for a step up and moving into a HR team with the full backing of senior management and to have autonomy for the People & Culture ‘Gameplan’.
Come and be part of changing how fans watch sport forever.
Reporting to the VP People for Revenue, you will work with leaders and their teams to deliver the company’s people agenda and make sure their teams are getting the right development and support.
The priorities of this role may shift, so flexibility to work within several areas, and pivot to work on new strategies quickly is very important. In this team, change is a constant!
This is as a full 360 HR position, fundamental in ensuring the business structure and culture is set up for success and aligned to our growth plans. You will work closely with the wider HR team on projects that aim to drive employee engagement and manage change.
This role will suit someone who is not afraid to dive in, gather relevant information, and create a point of view, but also agile to handle changes in direction or new priorities.
‘A day in the life’ of this People Partner may shift from delivering an on-boarding session on a Monday morning, to helping a senior VP design a more efficient structure, and then on to planning an Apprenticeship programme!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Partner with leadership teams, building a consultative relationship that allows cascade of the people agenda
- Help managers and their teams respond to changing business needs, making sure there is a pragmatic approach in challenging situations, and a comms plan aligned to our culture.
- Guide leaders in the resolution of performance challenges. Training and coaching for managers on best practice.
- Support line managers in their decision making for promotions/offers/recruitment and how to best deliver key messages to their teams
- Actively participate in interviews for relevant client groups. Making sure we are hiring the right talent, at the pace we are growing.
- Facilitate on boarding sessions for new joiners in HQ
- Facilitate the employee engagement survey results analysis and action planning
- Drive and own local EVP and culture calendar for Hammersmith office (HQ) aligned to internal comms initiatives (such as Brown Bags, milestone celebrations, etc.)
- Participate in the company’s diversity agenda activities such as Conferences, meetups, etc
- Champion and promote a diverse workforce during succession planning
- Work on the cyclical performance management process; facilitation of group sessions to moderate and guide the discussions to ensure fair and balanced outcomes for performance reviews and promotions
- Drive and manage a variety of projects within the People team, specifically Apprenticeships & Grad scheme.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience in a Generalist role, covering the basics on engagement, coaching, employee relations, compensation
- Ability to think Big and Small - articulate and execute a vision, but also dive into the details, roll up your sleeves and get the work done alongside the team
- Credibility and ability to influence – passionate about creating an environment that inspires, where people think outside the box and do things differently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess problem solving and analytical capability, in an ever changing & ambiguous environment
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with employees at all levels
- A hands-on attitude; flexible and adaptable.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience in multinational/multi-site/high volume environment
- Fluent in a second European language beneficial
- Some experience in change management and/or key HR project implementations
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.