What's your new role about?
Want to work with an organisation that welcomes and embraces data products? We’re the world’s biggest Sports OTT platform, and we sit on a TON of data. Our strategy is fully data driven, and we need an experienced Lead to help us design and build the next-level data products needed to drive new strategic direction!
You will work closely with BI, strategy, revenue, finance and business development departments to design data products that provide additional insight into the inner functioning and trends in the business. This is a hands-on role, but you’ll have full autonomy in choosing the toolkit and approach you want to apply to achieve a data objective – working closely with the Head of Data Science to assure the data products align to the overall data programme. You will be able to ensure this by working directly with the relevant stakeholders, to probe the needs and pinpoint the research question before you start designing the product.
You will lead a team of data scientists who will work with you on building the data products – but you’ll be the architect and the driving force that drives the thinking and who the team looks to for guidance on technical aspects of solutions. You’ll be the main technical leader – suggesting and supporting on pursuing innovative approaches to common and uncommon questions.
You’ll be a master of your trade – very comfortable with the modern advances in data science, but also comfortable with fundamentals. You are aware that not every problem is fit for deep learning, but that there are also problems that can hardly be tackled without it. We really like to think in probabilities and model uncertainty – so a strong background in probabilistic modelling and Bayesian approaches will be preferred.
Our business offers unique challenges in how fans interact with sports around the globe. This often requires creative thinking and employing a bespoke approach to a yet unexplored question. This allows us to really brainstorm creative approaches and try to develop products that go outside the norm.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Engage with stakeholders on strategic and business initiatives during product development
- Design data products to deliver insights/support
- Design and build modelling solutions and algorithms to power the data products, using a breadth of frameworks and tooling at your disposal
- Provide thought and technical leadership to other data scientists in the team
- Monitor model performance and resolve technical blockages and poor performance in model setup
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Proficiency in using Python to design and deploy data science prototypes and solutions
- High level of proficiency with the standard data science toolkit (GLM, Random forest, boosted machines, clustering, etc.)
- Proven experience in accounting for model drift and employing methods to continuously evaluate and improve modelling solutions
- High level of mathematical proficiency, with emphasis on probabilistic modelling
- Proficient in using Bayesian techniques (such as Bayesian belief networks, Bayesian hierarchical modelling, Gaussian processes, Fields, Markov Chains, etc.)
- Experience in designing data products to continuously support business processes
- Proven ability to engage with stakeholders and mediate to establish an operational business problem
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience with Dataiku DSS or any other high-level data experimentation platform (such as Data Bricks, Azure ML Studio, Google AI Studio, Amazon SageMaker etc.)
- Machine learning and deep learning experience, bonus if experienced with NN Gaussian Processes or other probabilistic NN implementations
- Experience in essential data engineering processes (i.e. containerisation, orchestration, automation, - e.g. Docker, Airflow, Metaflow, Argo, Kubernetes)
- Department: Data & Analytics
- Reports To (title): Head of Data Science and Insights
- Career Level: CL4
- Country and Location: United Kingdom, Hammersmith
- Hours of Work: 37.5
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE..
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years)
- Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Matching pension contributions up to 5%
- Travel Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme and more.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- Work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution and commercialisation
- Run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.