What's your new role about?
In this role based in Amsterdam, you’ll use your ML solution building skills and people management to lead a team of Applied Machine Learning engineers as they prototype, build and deploy machine learning products that will directly impact the user experience on DAZN.
In this role you will primarily be an advocate for your team – and work diligently to remove blockers, add clarity to business problems and help your team deliver success efficiently and in a lean data product development cycle. Your team will be delivering solutions into the DAZN ML ecosystem. You’ll have the chance to help them design and develop innovative solutions that are able to scale with DAZN’s rapidly growing platform.
Obviously, you’ll find cutting edge technology here too. AWS is our cloud service provider of choice and we use a range of services and resources such as Kinesis, Lambda and SageMaker to ingest and process data and train our models. The team primarily works in Python and we’re keen to keep on top of the latest developments in the area both from open source projects and academic research. Whilst engineers have this foundation, you will help them grow their careers and increase their impact and performance.
You will be part of an organisation with dedicated product managers and engineering resource developing cutting edge improvements to a sports fan experience on DAZN. You will be supported by other teams in the business that work in the data ecosystem, including our data engineering teams, business data science teams and analytical teams.
Get in touch if you’re passionate about leading world-leading teams, and if you’re passionate about ML solutions that power the product experience.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Manage (day-to-day) a team of 4 ML engineers of various levels based in Amsterdam
• Interface with stakeholders to provide clarity to team on business direction
• Help unblock team members by suggesting avenues of research or exploration
• Help team members understand the value of an MVP-first approach and help them pinpoint the MVP
• Guide and mentor team members to grow their careers
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
• 5 years experience delivering machine learning solutions on cloud infrastructure, either as an IC or as a manager
• 1-2 years experience managing high performing teams
• Working knowledge of the data science pipeline (data collection and cleaning, exploration, feature engineering, supervised & unsupervised learning, model assessment & model deployment).
• Applied modelling techniques such as supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning (particularly with graph-based frameworks such as pyTorch and Tensorflow).
• Experience with version control tools and workflows (Git etc.).
• Experience with Agile Development methodologies and tools (Jira).
• Strong understanding of cloud architecture, the services that are offered and how they can be used to facilitate ML systems (preferably AWS).
• Experience with CI/CD tools such as GHA, Jenkins etc.
• You need to have a solution-based & active mindset, with ability to translate business problems into technical problems that can solved using your machine learning toolkit.
• Experience navigating career frameworks, improvement plans and providing constructive developmental feedback to reports
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
• Experience developing APIs for model endpoints
• Experience with Bayesian methods (e.g. STAN, pyro).
• Experience with cloud infrastructure
• A strong interest in Sports, both as a fan and as an industry
HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT US
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in five territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in Germany, Switzerland and Austria, Italy, US, Canada and Japan on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.