What's your new role about?
Do you want to facilitate an SRE team to deliver a product that is used by millions of users on a daily basis?
We are looking for Software Engineering Managers in our Platform Team in Hammersmith to inspire and enable our teams, drive engineering excellence and work with distributed teams across Europe!
You have solid and developed technical experience, a clear progression into management scope and a passion for driving high-performance teams composed by outstanding engineers.
You will monitor the projects delivery ensuring your teams successfully get their craft into production on time.
You will be a servant leader - knowing when to step in and when to let the team learn from their own mistakes.
You will be a proven coach and mentor, able to grow each of your team members. As a leader, you will champion discussions across the whole DAZN as part of community-based sharing groups.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Maintain and enhance an inclusive, healthy, diverse and strong engineering culture
- Recruit, on board and retain the best engineering talent
- Conduct regular 1:1s and performance evaluations of engineers
- Contribute to DAZN's technical strategy, setting projects goals, supporting and developing your team(s)
- Deliver high quality, well designed technical solutions
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement
- Support your teams to own and support their services in production
- Create a learning environment for your team and individuals, act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders
- Collaborate with other Engineering Managers to support advance modern, software development practices and advance a great engineering culture
- Balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation and a pragmatic approach
YOU WILL HAVE A COMBINATION OF THESE SKILLS (AGAIN NOT ALL)
- Experience developing, releasing and supporting software products and/or services in Agile environments
- Proven leadership skills managing cross-functional engineering teams
- Collaborative and supportive management style, to encourage your team to continually solve other engineers and infrastructure needs
- Passionate about building teams
- Strong empathy for others
- Experience with managing budgets
- Strong team working skills with experience influencing across a matrix organization
- Experience of release level planning
- Experience as an Engineer (preferably Backend)
- Solid understanding of cloud computing
- Understanding of SRE as a function
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.