What's your new role about?
WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
Video Editor required to lead the filming process for video content across broadcast and digital markets, focusing in CONMEBOL teams competitions, Libertadores and Sudamericana mostly.
You will be a trained journalist and professional camera operator with 2+ years’ experience in and off the field, especially at major sporting competitions. When not in-the-field covering events, you will be based in our Buenos Aires office helping FCDIEZ’s video planning desk to arrange interviews, manage incoming content and maintaining relations with external suppliers, press offices and clients. You will also be required to script, produce, edit, voice and deliver original content to broadcast standards.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Film and deliver original, high quality footage with creativity, energy and skill from a range of South American football news events and competitions. Obtaining and sourcing interviews, contributors.
- To deliver original, high quality scripts and produce pictures and graphics with creativity, energy and skill.
- In breaking news scenarios, act as the point of referent on-site for Latam, participating in internal planning sessions with all video, editorial and commercial desks.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Trained video journalist for minimum of 3 years, to assist the editorial planning with the coordination of diarized events, breaking news and bespoke content.
- Professional camera operator with 2+ years’ experience in the field, especially at major sporting competitions.
- Keen eye for detail, an innovative approach to content creation and a broad knowledge across a range of global sports, plus a strong understanding of the South American football media environment.
- Experience editing and voicing sports news and features to a broadcast standard. You will need to be proficient in Adobe Premiere CC to a broadcast standard in order to produce your own bespoke content.
- To build and maintain a proactive and collaborative relationship with in-house teams and understand technical and delivery aspects of online video.
- Self-starter with strong communication skills and experience of using content management systems and online calendars.
- To demonstrate balanced and objective judgment and editorial and commercial decisions based on a thorough understanding of editorial guidelines
- Excellent command of written and spoken Spanish and English.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
- Team player, but equally confident when working independently.
- To interpret ideas/stories in a way which demonstrates an understanding of news on all platforms.
- Experience in training and mentoring junior members of staff, especially people with very limited camera and video training.
- Current experience of delivering voice reports to a broadcast standard is preferred.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.