What's your new role about?
A brand-new opportunity for a Revenue Strategy Manager to help define and deliver our long-term revenue strategy for all DAZN markets. You’ll have the chance to provide a telling and visible contribution to strategic decisions within our fast-paced and incredibly dynamic business.
This role focuses on driving the strategy for revenue growth across our Advertising, Commercial Premises businesses and Revenue Innovation (new potential business lines to launch). Management has placed a high level of focus on these largely nascent business lines, providing a unique opportunity for you to be a part of the core team that helps shape the strategic framework and future of DAZN across all markets.
You will support the existing business unit teams as well as the VP – Revenue Strategy by providing and utilizing market intelligence/research and data analysis, challenging current thinking/processes and devising solutions to existing and new business challenges. Given the breadth of the role you will work cross functionally with a range of stakeholders with extensive exposure to senior management.
Your innovative and consultative mindset will provide you with an objective view on the marketplace, our position within it and the opportunities that exist. You will relish working in a fast-paced, agile environment alongside a strong team of industry experts. You’ll embrace a challenge and can thrive in this broad and pacey new role by always being ahead of the game.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Act as a strategic advisor to the Advertising, Commercial Premises and Revenue Innovation teams and the Revenue Leadership team with a focus on sustainable revenue growth
- Key commercial strategy role for the growth of non-subscription revenues with a pipeline of new products to reach $200m+ by the end of 2022
- Investigate potential new business lines including owning end-to-end strategic process from original idea generation to market research to business case and recommendation to business line launch
- Lead test and learn approach to new potential advertising formats and initiatives
- Aid advertising team in planning, positioning and execution of core advertising business including evaluating and identifying key trends across markets and serving as main interface with Data Science team to build new models to aid in reporting and go-to-market planning
- Drive strategic narrative on how to convert a currently nascent, primarily outsourced, commercial premises business into a scalable direct new business line delivering substantial revenues to DAZN
- Support commercial premises team with market and competitor assessments, pricing and go-to-market strategy (incl. aiding in negotiations and presentations with potential partners), formalizing and interpreting key operational success metrics & their implications, and creating and operationalizing a standardized rights valuation methodology
- Support other ad hoc strategy projects and initiatives including board and investor materials
- Act as a bridge between subscription and non-subscription revenue lines to ensure deliverance of optimal Company performance and strategy
- Assist in the preparation of trading materials to allow a broad set of stakeholders to understand the targets and track performance for each market and business line
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in either Tier 1 Strategy Consulting firm, Investment Banking, Professional Services, In-House Strategy/Corporate Development team
- Strong proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrable experience utilizing strategic analytical skills, including financial modelling and forecasting, market situation / trend analyses, scenario planning, go to market / roll out plans and operational feasibility assessments
- Ability to crystalize key insights from data and communicate analyses in an efficient and effective manner to a variety of internal audiences across departments and functions
- Strong analytical capabilities with a track record of strategic development and implementation planning
- Experience working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable working both independently and as a member of the team
- An understanding and interest in the sports and broader media industries
- Bachelor’s degree
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- An understanding of a wide range of international markets
- Experience in media or technology business
- Motivated to work for a fast-paced and fast-growing company looking to change the sports media landscape
- Department: Commercial & Corporate Strategy
- Reports To (title): VP Revenue Strategy
- Country and Location: New York, NY, USA
- Hours of Work: 40
- Line Management Responsibility: No
US BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- Up to 15 days of paid time off and 9 days of annual leave
- Health benefits (including dental & eye care) and a generous sick time package
- Short and long-term disability covering
- Parental leave offering
- Personal insurances, such as basic life term and personal accident
- Access to a 401(k) retirement plan
- Access to our online learning portal
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.