What's your new role about?
We are seeking a dynamic and progressive editor for Mackolik who will assist to manager the day-to-day operations of the website. This is a key position within the Mackolik network and we are looking for someone with a deep knowledge of editorial, video, social and SEO strategy who will have a crucial role in the growth of the world’s biggest football website.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Daily control of recent sports news.
- Following up interviews and special news.
- Closely follow up social media accounts.
- Closely follow up football clubs.
- Coordinate, develop and implement content in collaboration with the Goal editorial team locally and with the other regional and worldwide reporters and editions.
- Drive a multimedia upsurge within the Turkey team, innovating with video, images and social media.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Minimum five years of journalistic experience, including online
- Fluent in Turkish both written and spoken, and proficient in English
- Excellent news sense and journalistic instinct, with expertise in Turkish and world football
- Excel skill
- Good communication
- Solid understanding of data
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
- Network around Turkey
- Good excel skills
- Experience with all kind of sports
- People management skills
- Department: Mackolik - Multisport Editorial
- Job Title: Editor
- Type: Full time
- Reports To (title): VP – Engin Kehale
- Career Level: CL2
- Location: Istanbul - Turkey
- Hours of Work: Monday to Sunday 45 hours
- Line Management Responsibility: No
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.