What's your new role about?
We are a global, live sports streaming company with millions of concurrent viewers on the best content rights. Our services need high-availability, high-performance and great resilience/recovery strategies. But we’re not done yet. We need to continue our disrupter journey and continue to create the very best customer experiences.
As the VP Engineering, Identity, Access and User Management you’ll play a crucial role in partnering with the Product engineering team to create world-class experiences. You need to foster a culture of highly-engaged, high-performing teams; able to iterate, optimise and learn as we develop and refine ideas. You need to empower your teams, allowing them to self-organise, yet be highly-aligned; this is our way to operate at scale. And as a leader you need to deep-dive, technically, into solutions and problems to mentor and coach the teams toward excellence.
As VP Of Engineering for the Identity, Access and User Management domain you will:
· Be the Engineering Leader leading the teams owning mission critical backend services powering DAZN
IAM, user profiles & device management platforms
· Partner with Product Management and other Engineering organisations to understand the business needs, define short- and long-term technology strategy and vision to support DAZN goals, and drive the tactical execution with your teams
· Represent your area across DAZN Senior Leadership team including CXOs
· Be accountable for the delivery of your teams making sure they deliver with high quality on time and on budget
· Facilitate and/or lead engineering discussions, technical evaluations, and design reviews
· Support process for incident management including quality control of RCAs
· Coach and mentor managers and engineers to create a highly effective engineering team
· Foster a generative culture that is performance oriented, lean, cooperative, adaptive, and innovative.
· Be part of the Amsterdam Office Senior Leadership team representing Engineering needs and drive office wise initiatives to foster positive culture.
· Define hiring plan and work with People and Recruitment organisation to source and hire amazing engineers
· Measure and improve the happiness of Engineering with the belief that happy organisations deliver products that make their customers happy.
You'll be set up for success if you have:
· Previous experience as VP Of/Head Of/Director Of engineering in other companies
· 3+ years of managing multiple managers/teams
· 10+ years of experience in architecting fault tolerant and high available systems
· Strong engineering background and knowledge in modern engineering practices, modern tech stacks and cloud-based architecture
· Experience leading large initiatives across multiple teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· Ability to set technical strategy and ensure high-quality execution to uncover root causes of complex problems and provide guidance on solving them.
· Ability to facilitate connections across organisational boundaries, building bridges to support both functional and company goals
Even better if you have:
· Previous experience in building IAM systems
· Previous experience working in companies providing cloud-based platforms for application developers
· Previous experience working with AWS
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.