What's your new role about?
Even disruptors like us play by the rules sometime... Want to help make sure that we do?
Broadcast regulations are different in different parts of the world, but the intention is the same, protecting the audience and meeting the local rules governing broadcasting. We need a Compliance Coordinator to help support the Compliance team, to ensure our processes are built and our staff advised accordingly, as we expand across the world into multiple territories and introduce ourselves to the world of advertising.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
As a Compliance Coordinator with DAZN you will be comfortable with all aspects of broadcast regulation, having worked in this field in a previous role or currently in your present role. Your primary job will be to assist in the management of the regulatory processes in our present territories and develop those in our new territories as we expand further.
Working with our broadcasting and legal teams, you will be responsible for staff concerning issues such as sponsorship, advertising, watershed issues, potentially harmful content and protection of young people. You will be expected to understand the regulatory issues in each territory in which we operate and be able to advise on how we remain within guidelines. Ideally you will have experience of regulatory issues across different territories.
You will be talented, diligent with a strong attention to detail and strong organisational skills. Experience of working in or with compliance for a linear environment will be a distinct advantage.
Ideally you will have experience working with sports content, although candidates with experience in other genres will be considered.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience of compliance in a linear environment, preferably within sport.
- Knowledge of how the various regulatory bodies work, and their responsibilities and remits.
- An understanding of the commercial world of broadcast sponsorship and advertising, in particular for sport.
- Calm under pressure and able to assess and explain issues quickly and clearly.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- More than one language would be great
- Awareness of compliance issues surrounding fight sports
- Experience using Mediagenix WON
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
- Department: Compliance & Media Planning
- Internal Job Title: Compliance Coordinator
- Reports To: Compliance Manager
- Career Level: 2
- Country and Location: UK Leeds
- Hours of Work: 37.5
- Line Management Responsibility: No