What's your new role about?
Does driving the strategic agenda and business model of DAZN in Germany, Austria and Switzerland sound like the perfect work experience for you? If you are keen to be part of the continuing growth of a global sports media business, then this could be the perfect opportunity!
As our new Strategy Manager (DACH) you’ll be deeply involved in reviewing, defining and ensuring the execution of major projects that span across all business verticals (e.g. programming, rights acquisition, subscription, CRM, operations, etc.). Your broad remit will include business partnering with the whole senior management team in DACH as well as with key stakeholders from DAZN globally. It’s an exciting role and an amazing opportunity in which you can truly help shape the future of how sports content will be consumed.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 30 days’ annual leave, annual performance-related bonus, pension contributions up to 3%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for mobile working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Strategy Manager (m/f/d), you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with the CEO (DACH), the SVP Strategy & Business Development, functional leads and central stakeholders to identify commercial opportunities and formulate local plans in line with DAZN’s overall strategy
- Develop a deep understanding and knowledge of the local market and commercial landscape; encompassing broadcasters, OTT players, platforms and content partners
- Support the SVP Strategy & Business Development & CEO (DACH) in setting the agenda for the strategic projects that matter. These may be engagement led e.g. defining bespoke CRM measures for specific customer cohorts, sports led e.g. rights portfolio analysis, or commercially led e.g. recommending pricing & packaging strategy
- Ensure that novel insights with a strategic focus are communicated, understood and implemented cross-functionally within the DACH business
- Build robust business case, KPIs and ROI for each new “strategic project” that is initiated
- Identify areas to increase profitability for the region by creating efficiency, removing obstacles and improving processes
- Support key market decisions with sharp problem solving and holistic recommendations that consider cross-functional aspects and are based on sound analysis
- Provide a supporting role for all key strategic projects, e.g. broadcast distribution arrangements, keeping track of all administrative work and ensuring key deadlines are adhered to
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Significant experience in Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, Professional Services or In-House Strategy/Corporate Development team
- Demonstrable experience of utilising strategic analytical skills, including market situations and trends, scenario planning, go to market / roll out plans and operational feasibility assessments
- Highly customer focused mind-set, from owning customer metrics (Acquisition, Engagement, Churn, Settlement) to strategic plan development
- Solution-oriented and pragmatic approach to solving problems
- Pro-active attitude and have an ability to operate in ambiguous and changing situations with multiple (at times conflicting) stakeholders to deliver results to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and organisational / collaboration skills with ability to interact with those outside of the immediate team to deliver preferred outcomes
- Experience working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong commercial awareness and strategic/business acumen
- Willingness to listen, try new ideas with a test, learn and adjust mentality
- Interest in the sports media and adjacent industries
- Very good knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent ability to absorb information and surface the essence to management within a matrix type structure
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration or economics preferably with a focus in strategy/finance/business development or a comparable field of study
- Fluency in German and English, both verbal and written
Even better if you have:
- Previous work experience within a subscription business
- Experience accessing data through dashboarding tools such as Tableau / Looker / PowerBI / Qlik
- Ideally practical experience in tech, media and/or sports industry
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.