What's your new role about?
HERE’S SOME INFORMATION FOR YOU
DAZN is changing the way people watch sports forever, by putting the consumer first, providing more sport, no long contract and a single low monthly fee.
As a Scrum Master working at DAZN, you will be responsible for supporting our Product Engineering teams to deliver their sprint commitments, removing blockers and coaching them to self-organize.
Working within the Agile Delivery team, you will play a lead role by supporting our teams to design and build world leading streaming services across web, mobile and TV platforms. You will be involved in working on new feature releases and evolving the next phase of application framework. With a rapidly expanding company, growth within the team and opportunities to lead engineering initiatives are abundant. We need people who want to help us build a strong engineering culture and a fun, vibrant workplace.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Organise and facilitate Scrum ceremonies (planning meetings, daily scrums, demos and retrospectives).
- Ensure the development team & Product Owner work together in the Scrum framework.
- Track the progress of the Sprint on a daily basis in order to be able to take proactive measures ahead of time where required to help the team to achieve the sprint goal.
- Monitor and communicate team velocity and release progress.
- Ensure the team are being as effective and productive as they can by protecting them from external distractions and actively removing impediments to their progression.
- Work with the Product Owner to prepare the scrum backlog.
- Liaise with other Scrum teams and external teams to address and resolve cross team issues, conflicts and dependencies.
- Be an active part of the Scrum Master community within DAZN and participate in continuous improvement within this discipline.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Have worked directly in a Product/Software Development field for 2-5 years as either a Scrum Master, Developer or Tester.
- Commercial experience as a Scrum Master, having a variety of tools in your 'toolbox' to effectively work with your teams.
- Certified Scrum Master (Scrum Alliance or scrum.org).
- Ability to handle conflict effectively.
- Understanding of Agile & Lean principles.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE SKILLS TOO
- Experience of release level planning.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with all Seniority levels.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries.
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories.
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles.
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.