What's your new role about?
We are here to provide the data, tools and guidance to help our developers build best practice around scale, reliability and observability into every release, reducing customer-affecting incidents and speeding up recovery times when they happen. Leading to happier customers, and happier engineers!
Based in multiple countries we work together to make the product teams’ lives happier, by helping them understand how to build well and how to monitor well.
We succeed or fail as a team. Either way we use Agile processes to constantly measure and improve ourselves. We are driven by data. We are adaptable to new challenges and can switch context. We can advise without judgement and listen without fear.
Plus, we get to play with cool stuff sometimes :)
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Generally, people in the team have many of the following skills:
- Understanding how Operations works in production in the real world
- Writing clean, effective code to deliver solutions and automation
- An engineer’s mindset to problem-solving.
- Have done all of this at scale, using IaC, on some form of cloud
- Understanding of the challenges and advantages of a microservice architecture
- Concepts of observability
- Error budgets
- Alerting strategies
- We are also keen to learn and to teach, to take what we find and share it with the rest of the organisation and beyond. We are curious, team players willing to get involved.
What we can do together?
- Learn and share great reliability practices, inside and outside the company.
- Understand the data behind what we do.
- Engineer solid solutions to real-world problems.
- Alternate Fridays to play with what we want.
- And sleep well because the phone isn’t going off.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.