What's your new role about?
Are you great at managing internal stakeholders and external suppliers whilst driving operational excellence?
Does consistently meeting high quality service levels drive and motivate you? Are you excited by the challenge to deliver an on-brand exceptional experience to passionate sports fans across DAZN’s northern European markets? Would you love to define and refine the performance targets suited to a rapidly growing and industry leading live sports streaming service?
As the Head of Operational Performance, you will have the opportunity to build and lead effective incident management, customer service and payment operations teams focused on delivering operational performance excellence time and again.
You will monitor, measure and report on product performance, drive improvement in key metrics whilst keeping within budget and deliver against agreed service level KPI’s whilst leading your team of specialists.
Working with Centres of Excellence and adopting best practises, you will ensure key live events are delivered flawlessly through pre-event QA and local monitoring, as well as supervising the collection of authentic customer experience data and overseeing the safe landing of strategic projects such as the introduction of new rights or product features.
As a key member of the local management team, you will be expected to have close relationships with senior Content, Operations, Product, Marketing, Commercial and Legal stakeholders and be pivotal in contributing to key decisions in market. Great communication is critical, and you will ensure these stakeholders are kept up to date with regular reporting on key operational data, issues and improvement plans. In short, you will be a linchpin in your region to provide an excellent customer experience.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Set up and lead an effective local operational performance organisational structure including Customer Service, Incident Management and Payment operations departments
- Identify key areas for improvement of the customer experience and establish processes and procedures that deliver consistent excellence
- Ensure transactional analysis and optimisation of the payment ecosystem (Salesforce, Zuora, Adyen, 3rd party payment methods such as Google Play Billing and Apple In-App Purchases) meet agreed standards
- Ensure payment operations team manages early life of new global payment methods, orchestrating Finance reporting and QA testing
- Facilitate joint working between Pay Ops and Customer Services to manage and resolve payment issues with particular focus on critical payment issues
- Ensure that all customer interactions are consistent with the brand values
- Ensure action is taken to deep-dive into regional issues to help root cause resolution e.g. incidents, transactional data to support the optimisation of acquisition rates
- Build relationships with stakeholders to ensure new product launches, rights launches, customer communications and key events are well communicated and executed flawlessly
- Provide weekly, monthly and annual analysis, forecasts and reporting of operational performance
- Drive regional operational KPI improvement to meet targets (eg NPS, Live Availability, Payment performance) through empowerment and performance management of the Incident Management, CS and Payment Operations teams, maintaining appropriate quality levels across the required competencies
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 8+ years’ experience in a similar environment
- Fluent in English and German
- Proven leadership abilities, supported by demonstrated track record of management in a growth business
- Entrepreneurial spirit - you have the drive to continue building and improving all processes
- Exceptional communication and organisation skills
- Flexibility - you have the ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- The know-how and confidence to manage 7-digit budgets
- Passionate about sports
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.)
- Project Management experience
- Experience in a live production environment, particularly live sports
- Experience in service-industry and/or customer support in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced environment
- Data visualisation experience
- Department: Operational Performance
- Reports To (title): EVP, Content and Operations - Europe
- Career Level: CL4
- Country and Location: Munich, Germany
- Hours of Work: 40
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
GERMANY BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 30 days’ annual leave, company festivities, fresh fruit, coffee and other refreshments.
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2500 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.