What's your new role about?
Have you heard of DAZN (pronounced "da-zone") before? We are one of the fastest growing video streaming services globally and are due to launch in 200 countries (from 8) in December this year! Due to our rapid growth and success, we are building a new global central support function in Leeds who will act as a single point of contact for technical monitoring, communication, and triage, in a new state-of the art support centre focussed on incident prevention, impact analysis and lightening quick incident notifications.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Assist Head of function in building a global streaming support function
- Lead and mentor team with problematic issues
- Extensive knowledge of leading a technical support desk
- Working in shifts for 24/7 support of DAZN’s platform, especially during live broadcasts/events
- Line Managing the 1st line team of 5-6 support specialists and being their escalation point for technical issues
- Champion written procedures, make sure support desk staff follow procedures
- Create processes, runbooks and procedures that optimise DAZN support centre team, documenting these in the knowledge base
- Make critical business decisions in near-real-time to recover service and lead the resolution teams
- Carry out appraisals, performance reviews, delivering feedback, running meetings, and having constructive conversations with team members
- Attention to detail before live broadcasts to give our customers the best customer experience
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Managing 1st Line IT Support desk and monitoring team of support specialists.
- Understanding of the technology, monitoring tools used in OTT (Over the Top) and/or broadcasting environments
- Monitoring tools like Check M, Nagios, New Relic, Pager Duty, Logz.io or similar
- Possess exceptional communication skills to ensure our incident communications are clear and timely to our executives
- Knowledge of KPIs (key performance indicators) that indicate performance and customer experience (e.g., re-buffering, video playback failures, video-start failures, capacity monitoring)
- Strong knowledge of OTT, devices, browsers, living room, mobile, web, CDNs, Platforms, E2E Architecture, Applications
- Ability to determine precise customer impacts on our incidents through analysis of CS, social, error codes, playback failures etc
- Service management ticketing tools like Service Now
- Knowledge of Network Troubleshooting and analysis including Firewalls, load balancers
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Familiarity with Jira / Confluence
- Experience working in a global organisation
- ITIL V3 Foundation certificate (or equivalent)
- OTT monitoring expertise: to include Conviva, New Relic, ServiceNow. As well as Live and VOD, possess strong capabilities in operations covering Sign Up, Sign In, Payments, My Account, Pause and Cease
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- Work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.