What's your new role about?
As a Software Architect Backend within DAZN's Technology Management team, DAZN is seeking a talented, The Node.JS & AWS Developer will be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying cloud-based applications using Node.JS
, API's and AWS technologies.
This role is full-time, based in our Hyderabad, India office, 5 days a week WFO.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 24 days’ leave, annual performance-related bonus, best in class medical insurance, learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our Dazn OTT app for free, internal speaker series and events.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- This architect is responsible for designing and implementing scalable, high-performance backend applications that leverage the Node.js framework to support business requirements. As an architect, the primary job duties and responsibilities include:
- Designing and developing backend systems that meet business requirements and performance goals, including databases, APIs, and microservices.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand and define technical requirements, system architectures, and integration points.
- Creating technical specifications, architecture diagrams, and design documents that define the system structure, functionality, and interfaces.
- Doing code reviews and providing technical guidance and mentorship to the development team to ensure code quality, maintainability, and scalability.
- Ensuring the system adheres to established industry coding standards, development best practices, and security guidelines.
- Help troubleshoot and debug issues across the entire application stack, including front-end, middleware and backend systems.
- Developing and implementing strategies and frameworks to ensure the system's quality.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting performance issues and (help) implementing performance optimizations to improve system responsiveness and throughput.
- Staying current with emerging trends, tools and technologies related to Node.js development and contributing to developing best practices and standards.
- To qualify for this role, candidates should have a strong background in Node.js development, architecture design, and software engineering. They should be experienced in leading development teams, working with cross-functional stakeholders, and delivering complex systems on time and on budget. Excellent communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills are essential for success in this role. The ability to work with various technologies such as databases, caching systems, and message brokers is also important.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing large-scale web applications using Node.js or Java.
- Expert knowledge of Node.js and its ecosystem, including popular libraries and frameworks
- Excellent understanding of cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Solid understanding of database design and SQL
- Strong knowledge of RESTful web services and API development
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.