What's your new role about?
Do you like the thought of making better business decisions using data?
Of helping a business to connect up data sourcing, data analytics and insight generation across multiple teams?
Dou you believe that a good project plan is the foundation but getting stuck in the fine details and fixing problems as they come up is key for success?
With your background in data analytics or programme management and your love for technology & sports, you will get the chance to bring data solutions to life and provide DAZN with invaluable oversight, as we progress on our data journey. This will cover both smaller projects, within our data community, and much wider business initiatives - that will need you to identify dependencies and understand the full impacts on data products for a wider range of business stakeholders.
As DAZN is a truly data driven environment, the Data Programme Manager is at the heart of decisions we make about how to use data and implement data solutions across our business. Meaning that on a frequent basis you will be liaising with business leaders and will make suggestions as to how we develop our data capability.
To give you an idea of what we mean by a state-of-art data environment: we use a Snowflake Data Warehouse in an AWS environment and have multiple tools that different teams use to clean, connect, enrich and model data. The end products can help deliver insight, can be integrated with our platform, or can be shared externally to improve business performance.
How will you stand out to us?
- New ideas for “joining the dots” in how data is sourced, processed, and used in a best of class business.
- Proven experience in the implementation of data programmes and applying frameworks that allow multiple teams to work towards a joined-up end goal.
… the rest we can teach you with your hunger to make an impact.
Benefits include 25 days annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, Life Assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to a learning portal, training, development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Working closely with the technology, data science and data analytics teams to deliver a data roadmap, driving new products and features through their full lifecycle.
- Responsible for planning and defining a new programme including all workstreams and roles within an agile framework.
- Monitoring multiple (and sometimes overlapping) workstreams in a holistic way.
- Identify and assess the impact of initiatives and how this affects data flows, data products and the end consumers of data.
- Prioritize across a wide range of different types of business needs and obtain buy-in for those priorities from leadership.
- Initiating extra activities where gaps appear in the programme / issues arise.
- Deal with ambiguity and proactively unblock issues that might hinder the overall programme.
- Work through dependencies which may sit in teams well outside the data community and work with those teams to ensure the dependencies are delivered.
- Picking up some inflight data workstreams that may have been delivered but now needs to be enhanced to support the transformation of data analytics.
- You will need to manage this in consideration of existing BAU activities to ensure they are enhanced rather than negatively impacted.
- Pivot when circumstances change, and the original strategy needs to be modified or abandoned in favour of a new one.
- Create transparency of program goals and status with clear stakeholder buy-In & alignment across Revenue, Finance, Content, Strategy, Engineering and Delivery.
- Demonstrate the ability to share clear messages and make complex data projects easy to understand and influence internal and external stakeholders.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- You have a proven ability in projects where you are working with disparate databases, systems, or teams in order to bring them together.
- You are able to work with and across functional departments leveraging relationships in order to get the job done.
- You will have also had exposure to big data technologies such as: Hadoop, Redshift, Snowflake, Data Bricks and have a strong appreciation of Analytics and Business Intelligence.
- Proven experience converting product roadmaps into work packages.
- Capable of being able to understand the detail while maintain sight of the bigger picture.
- Proven track record of delivering successful complex programmes and creating data roadmaps.
- Turning opportunities into approved projects with a defined project management plan.
- Effective project reporting, including regular reporting to EVP/Exec sponsor.
- Managing risks and issues within the project with updates and escalation to leadership when required.
- Ability to understand and challenge expert opinions.
- Ability to distil complex messages and land them succinctly.
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years)
- Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Matching pension contributions up to 5%
- Travel Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme and more.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.