What's your new role about?
Do you want to be part of a team that engineers a global product that’s used by millions of users daily?
DAZN is one of the fastest-growing OTT companies in the world and streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries. Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 600 million hours of content!
A BIT ABOUT YOUR TEAM:
The Player Engineering teams own the front-end playback experience for DAZN. As a crucial part of our product and a key part of the customer experience, they are a very important part of the DAZN team. The team work on a broad range of features from how players handle drops in bandwidth, to how customers interact with the player. We are driven by data and use it daily to make decisions about what we do.
We work across 4 streams of work:
- Test & Release: Managing our end-to-end testing suite and owning our release process.
- Look & Feel: Owning how our customers interact with our players, working with our design team.
- Core Player: Building and supporting the low-level player features, working with our Video Architects.
- Player Extensions: Building and supporting the features that are built on top of the player to help increase engagement and revenue
As our new SDET / Automation Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with multiple dev / product teams to create and maintain test cases covering product / feature requirements and help the teams test their software.
- Pairing with developers to build out test automation on devices.
- Work on our release process and pipeline with the other engineers to make continuous improvements using automation.
- Integrate our release pipeline with tools to enable a fully automated release process. Where these tools don’t exist, build them.
- Work closely with stakeholders outside the team to manage releases.
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience with Selenium, WebdriverIO and Test Café
- Experience in building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Worked on live applications with a continuous feature development / release cycle.
- Understanding of BDD, exploratory testing, defect regression, smoke-testing and test planning.
- Experience of bug database systems and test-tracking software such as JIRA and Test Rail.
- Enjoy being empowered to use your initiative and drive ideas forward.
- Communication and influencing skills with all seniority levels.
- You enjoy speaking with people of all seniority levels in any business.
Even better if you have:
- Experience working on or with web player technologies.
- Experience working on mobile, TV platforms and games consoles in an agile environment.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.