What's your new role about?
What’s better than writing a code that reaches millions of users globally? Doing it with millions more in mind. In 2020 we went global multiplying our engineering challenges. To support our global takeover as the leading sports OTT platform, we are looking for new Software Engineers.
We have currently 3 Mobile Teams: Android, iOS, and Cross-platform, and plan to build another one in the nearest future. Mobile Teams are typically made up of 4-6 experienced engineers and 2 automation QAs. We have Product Owners and Engineering Managers located in Poland. Our goal is to make the Mobile department even stronger and bigger so we are looking for new Android and iOS developers to join our teams. If you code either in Swift or in Kotlin - this job is waiting exactly for you!
We work at one of the few frontend platforms the DAZN users are facing every day - the native iOS and Android app. We introduce the new features used by millions of people every week. We also maintain and extend the existing functionalities so that they are handy to our users. We put our app’s quality as one of the primary objectives. Anything we do is measured in terms of final user impact.
This role can be based in Katowice or you can work remotely from Poland. The internal job title is Software Engineer.
As our new Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Implement new features with unit and automated tests & support existing features
- Drive features starting from ideation phase until delivery and live monitoring
- Take care of the health of the codebase
- Mentor and support other developers with their day-to-day work
- Cooperate with international teams
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Several years of experience in developing applications for iOS or Android
- Very good knowledge of Swift or Kotlin
- Experience with writing unit and automated tests
- Knowledge of multithreading libraries and understanding of design patterns
- Good English and Polish communication skills - min B2 level
Even better if you have:
- Experience with CI
- Knowlesge of RxSwift or RxJava
- Knowledge of JSON Restful services
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Private medical and dental insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.