What's your new role about?
As a Payment Operations Team Leader at DAZN, you will be responsible for managing the Payment Operations Team and overseeing the payments ecosystem. This will include monitoring the performance of the Payment Operations team, empowering them to perform at a higher level and reporting back to the Head of Payment Operations.
You will report to the Head of Payment Operations in the UK but work closely alongside regional Operations, the Web & Acquisition Product Team, Customer Support and various development teams based around the world. Your goal is to maintain and optimise the payments ecosystem and instrument the Payments Product Roadmap as defined by the Head of Payments.
Managing the Payment Operations team, you will also be required to delegate tasks while fostering a spirit of team-work, positive work ethic and an upbeat morale. In this role, you will also be responsible for performing analysis on DAZN’s payments performance, including deep-diving into transactional data to support the optimization of acquisition rates and reduce customer churn. Over time, your growing understanding of these systems will also be vital in assisting the Quality Assurance and Customer Service teams to validate requirements. You will also be the point person for live issue investigation as well as managing and resolving a backlog of day-to-day payment issues.
This role has great potential to expand your understanding and knowledge of all aspects of online payments and e-commerce, from acquirer testing to definition of billing strategy and fraud prevention. As DAZN grows, this role will increase in responsibility. You will have support from the Product Acquisition Team based in London, Poland, Munich, New York and Tokyo to enable you to upskill in e-commerce management and analytical techniques. Furthermore, you may be required to travel abroad to support product launches and to receive training from the rest of the Payments Team.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Manage the Payment Operations Team – ensuring they hit their key deliverables and are enabled and empowered to complete their tasks
- Work with Customer Services to manage and resolve the Payment Issues backlog with particular focus on critical payment issues that may arise post product-launch and beyond
- Own the day-to-day management of the payments ecosystem including Salesforce, Zuora, Adyen and 3rd party payment method consoles such as Google Play Billing and Apple In-App Purchases
- Own the delivery of new payment methods and the launch of new markets in . This will include orchestrating Finance reporting and QA testing for example
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Strong leadership, setting a high standard by leading by example and lifting the team around you
- Bi-lingual – ideally English (excellent) and Japanese (native)
- You are a People Person – meaning you know how to work with and manage different personalities to get the best out of people, always making time for your team and colleagues
- Organisation and efficient delivery of work - not only allocating tasks towards PayOps team member strengths but also upskilling weaknesses to prevent bottle-neck scenarios
- Effective communicator with high computer/word literacy. You are confident in contributing to senior-level stakeholder meetings, in particular for resolving and updating on critical payment issues
- You have intellectual curiosity combined with outstanding analytical skills
- Passion for customer data and customer experience
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and efficiently prioritise workloads
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience with payments platforms (e.g. Adyen, WorldPay, Stripe, etc)
- Experience with subscription-based products, e commerce or online payments in general
- Experience with mobile payments
- Knowledge of the payments landscape
- Passionate about Sport or OTT Streaming servi ces
- Social security included (Health care insurance, Employee pension scheme, Employment insurance, Labour personal accident insurance)
- Annual Health Exams
- Annual paid leave of 15 days (pro-rated depending on the start date)
- Sick leave up to 7 days pa
- Defined Contribution plan
- Relo club employee benefit package - (access to more than 50,000 services such as discounts in sports clubs, leisure facilities and physical exams)
- Company doctor (monthly inspection of office as well as stress check)
- Discount for every drink in office vending machines
- Free subscription on DAZN
- Access to free tickets for every J-league game and occasionally for other sports
- Paid commuting allowance up to 30,000 yen a month
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in 5 territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in US, Canada, Germany, Japan, Italy, Switzerland and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles. To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com