What's your new role about?
Goal Italy is growing and we need great minds that love football to join us. We’re looking for an Assistant Editor to create, assign and manage content that will thrive on direct, social, search and other referral platforms.
The successful candidate will require a strong understanding of what content Italian fans want to consume. An ability to think on your feet, react rapidly to the news agenda and plan around the football calendar is essential.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage the Goal Italy homepage and sub-edit/publish content produced by colleagues and freelancers
- Ensure the strategy to drive DAZN subscriptions and commercial/multimedia requests are correctly implemented
- Help implement and develop Goal’s existing SEO and social strategy
- Liaise with Goal editions across the globe to coordinate content creation and publication
- Track real-time traffic and monitor traffic reports
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- A minimum of five years of journalistic experience (preferably online) and the ability to work under pressure or to tight deadlines
- Excellent news sense and journalistic instinct, with an high level of football knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of successful social media and SEO practices
- Brand savvy, audience focused, digital native – passionate and knowledgeable about digital content
- Fluent in Italian both written and spoken, and proficient in English
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Ability to work in the context of a multi-department company
ITALY BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- 26 days’ annual leave
- lunch vouchers.
- Department: Media
- Internal Job Title: Assistant Editor for Goal Italy
- Reports To (title): Chief Editor, Goal Italy
- Career Level: CL2
- Country and Location: Milan, Italy
- Hours of Work: Monday to Sunday 40h
- Line Management Responsibility: No
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in five territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Austria US, Canada and Japan on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
To find out more visit:http://media.dazn.com