What's your new role about?
We are looking for a senior payment operations leader with specialist knowledge and demonstrable experience to set up and lead our new payment operational teams worldwide. This will be a linchpin role in our aim to evolve our product, grow our customer base and collect revenue….at pace.
Customer payments touch nearly every part of our customer journeys - whether you need to sign up to DAZN, sign in to our app, update your account with a different payment method, pause or leave us. We want to give our customers a huge choice of payment methods and work with many 3rd parties (including Apple and Google) in many different countries and currencies.
DAZN is rolling out at pace (that’s an understatement) in terms of our new countries and product functionality – and clearly our Payment Operations need to be ahead of the game to ensure our revenue based transactions work right first time and we fix issues when we need to.
We are expanding Payment Operations to make this happen and need a leader with significant relevant experience and lazer like data precision to get under the skin of challenges we face and have a clear vision to build the right monitoring, processes and procedures for our local teams to follow to meet our aims.
You will recommend solutions, test releases to new countries; and set up the right process flows across our business. This is an amazing opportunity to make a difference
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- You’ll need to set up and lead our regional Payment Operations teams to:
- Manage our gift codes and other payment methods
- Define and follow your Payment Operations blueprint - your payment processes that the teams need to follow - across our business (from customer service to payment operations to development to finance to revenue protection) to ensure we drive improvement
- Proactively identify and deep dive into payment issues. Undertake 1st line fixing of customer issues that customer services cannot resolve covering gift codes, payment, subscription, pause & cancellation
- Escalate, prioritise and drive defect resolution with our Payment Development teams…and recommend solutions
- Monitor and report on partner payment reconciliation and support financial reporting monthly. Our new Data Warehouse will reduce the reliance on your teams - but we need to automate much of our reporting today.
- Set up new payment methods in markets – you’ll need to help here but we need to fix and minimise post launch issues
- Test new payment method releases and support new market roll out
- Support key events with operational support – the big games !
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- You’ll have great, demonstrable and measurable payment experience…
- To get to the heart of payment issues through expert analysis, knowledge of payment systems and driving improvement in a payment operation / ecosystem in a consumer-based industry like ours (or where we can see direct parallels)
- Backed up by Industry knowledge – eg of a good amount of regional specific payment methods. Experience of working with technologies by Adyen and Zuora, standard’ payment issues, eg Visa/Mastercard issues, Apple/Google/Amazon/Roku global payment platforms
- That enables you to work at pace to help roll out of new technology, product functionality or expansion into new regions - safely
- With a strategic outlook to build monitoring, develop processes and reporting to agreed KPIs. Can you help us build continuous real time monitoring where we can see the subscribers coming in one side of the flow, and then monitor them through each step of the process through to initial payment being taken and then similar monitoring for the renewals ?
- That shows close collaboration with Product, Finance, Customer Service and Incident teams
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE…
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2500 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com