What's your new role about?
Are you interested in helping change and shape the way customers watch live sport? Are you passionate about broadcast engineering technology and how platforms link to deliver a seamless customer experience? If so, then our Broadcast Platform Manager role could be the perfect next step for you!
Joining the Broadcast Platform Engineering team will give you the end-to-end visibility and understanding across DAZN’s entire live video workflow. In this key role, working from signal acquisition, through production, playout, OTT encoding to CDN delivery, you will have the opportunity to scope new workflows and make improvements to the existing. You will be key in helping to shape the ever-evolving technology selection and deployments facilitating DAZN’s growth. Your enthusiasm will drive the adoption of best practice across broadcast teams, maximising consistency in this fast-paced business.
Take your Broadcast experience and interest in OTT delivery to a new level with the DAZN Broadcast Platform Engineering team
This role can be aligned to any of our European offices in a hybrid working capacity (UK, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Germany and Italy)
Benefits will depend on your location but will include access to DAZN, an annual performance related bonus, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Broadcast Platform Engineering Manager you'll have the opportunity to:
- Identify, action and complete technical improvements across the broadcast platforms
- Act as a key technical conduit for third party suppliers
- Lead the deep diving of technical issues with relevant teams with trend analysis to mitigate and improve
- Work in device utilisation and capacity modelling
- Influence project requirements, drive Engineering acceptance and transition into Engineering support
- Manage Technical Stakeholders
- Communicate key changes and information across the Broadcast teams
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Deep knowledge of Broadcast Engineering
- Knowledge of acquisition, production, transmission, encoding and distribution
- Great communicator, tailored for all levels of technical ability and understanding
- Understanding of Public Cloud e.g. AWS / Azure / Google Cloud
- A track record of building relationships across multiple teams and seniority levels to deliver a collaborative working environment.
Even better if you have:
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors would be a bonus!
- Experience working in Broadcast / Production Engineering / OTT / Streaming, particularly in a live / real-time environment
- Cloud broadcast deployment experience
- Experience with Orchestration
- Experience driving Continuous Improvement
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.